"CORKY" INFORMATION can you help?????

-

kwbond

Reaction score
Who remembers the movie CORKY ? Do you remember the car that was in it?
I need any informaiton on this car.
Or a location of where one is at. I am selling my 69 vett to buy, build, duplicate, this car. Why? I drove one in 1973 and always wanted it. Any information would be very very greatful. I have one and only one car magazine that list everything that was put into the car, but there is not enought info in it. I have dreamed of this car for years, and I dont know why.
I live in the Dallas area.
Thanks to all that can help
my email
[email protected]
a cold one to all that can help
:drinkers:

69 barracuda with a "super bird wing" the wing won't be cheap but the car will. Lots of barracudas left. You'll have to match up colors to the movie car specs, add the wing and go. Try ebay, forabodiesonly.com, and cowtownmopars.com for parts and cars. The wing you'll be better off buying a non-original. Good luck-Kevin- a :drinkers: lso in Dallas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068413/

Good Old Boy" Corky Curtis (Robert Blake) has a job, a beautiful wife, (Charlotte Rampling) two cute kids, and a tricked out Plymouth Barracuda. He also has a loyal friend named Billy (Christopher Connelly.) But he's a loser - both in his relationships and in his belief that he can become a big name stock car driver.

First, his boss Randy (Patrick O'Neal) fires him, causing him to desert his wife and family. He thinks he can go to Atlanta and hook up with Richard Petty and get a start in big time stock car racing. But his drinking and uncontrollable temper put him into a tailspin that eventually leads to his destruction and the loss of everything. It's is a sad story of someone who is his own biggest enemy. Cameo appearances by Donnie and Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Buddy Baker, and Richard Petty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Corky-Robert-Bl...Z9141606829QQcategoryZ309QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kwbond said:
Who remembers the movie CORKY ? Do you remember the car that was in it?
I need any informaiton on this car.
Or a location of where one is at. I am selling my 69 vett to buy, build, duplicate, this car. Why? I drove one in 1973 and always wanted it. Any information would be very very greatful. I have one and only one car magazine that list everything that was put into the car, but there is not enought info in it. I have dreamed of this car for years, and I dont know why.
I live in the Dallas area.
Thanks to all that can help
my email
[email protected]
a cold one to all that can help
:drinkers:

Got $25,000 ??? Why not just buy the "real deal" ....LOL

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/2/5/83799425.htm

:thumblef:

suregrip391
who would of thought of that, Thanks my man calling him now.
I want this car, so dont tell him. I will let you know what happens

well he uped the price....wow,,,,I am trying to talk him down....he's at $35.000.00

He wants 35K now? :wack: I thought 25K was high but I guess if you had to build it, it would cost all of that! Geeeezzzzzzz, sorry man! Wish it would have worked out for you. That car has been on the autotrader for a few months now. Maybe give him a week or so and see what he says. Maybe he just had a bad day???......

I will let him sit on it awhile and call him back, I have done the math and a clone would cost me about 20k depends on the cost of the car. I know there is one thats all rusted, one that is in a one shape and makes the Mopar car shows, this one, and there is one more some where. Where is the question. Thanks for all your help and if
you hear anything .....email me
thanks

Yup guy down here in Williamsport HAS one of the cars he brings it to all our shows.

551252.gif

551252.gif

Thanks for the pic. do not want to sound bumb but what state? and when is the next car show? :salute:

Interesting!! I've heard of the movie, but never seen it... I kinda like that styling on the car! :D

Thanks for the pic. do not want to sound bumb but what state? and when is the next car show?

its in Williamsport PA and the next show is the weekend after Carlisle. He brings it MOST of the time we have had 7 shows and I think he has been at 4-5 of them. If its gonna rain he does not bring it.

yep...I called him again. Still 35k ,,,way to high for me, would like to sell my vett and buy it, but not know. Call me nuts but I will try my best to be at the next car meet.
I just like it cause it was the first car that realy reached out and bit me,,,,,
I drove Buick Skylarks , the Stage 1, and A GSX, before , but none grab me like this one. Oh my Dad worked at a buick house and his boss gave me a Job driving the cars around the shop. I Saw the movie a year ago on speed vision.
Thanks for all the info,,,,,will take more
Kwbond

i tried that link,,says this ad no longer available,,,,

all i want is a copy of that movie, iseen it when i was a kid,,always loved that car my self,, i remember one of the four built was in a big nation wide auto trader back in the 80;s in texas for sale,,,i didnt know there was one in P.A.. ide love to see it in real,,,

i have searched for that movie for years,,any one have a copy????
all i have is the actual poster that would of been in the window at the movie theater...hanging in my garage,,,

[email protected]

Its cool in person but a picture is kinda deceptive misleading in some cases. Unless you have seen one of these old "custom" cars in person or unless its a clone or "restored"(which i will get to in a minute) you really need to see it in person. Reason being is they are cool looking BUT they are also "time capsules" kinda like a "survivor" car. Once its been modified anything you do to it after than pretty much RUINS its "value" as a "Barris car."

Reason I say this is these cars unless sitting in museums have the "ravages of time" on them :) the one in my picture is completely spider webbed, chipped, and faded old paint, the bondo on the custom work around the spoiler and wheel arches is cracked..its awesome but I think its more like something you roll on and off a trailer...I don't think it actually something you could drive cause it would fall apart...I asked the guy(unknowingly at the time) after looking at it when he was going to "restore" it...he laughed and said..if he restored it all the value would be gone cause it would no longer be a "barris car" it would be a Joes Restorations car....said with those cars you pretty much have to store them,show them, but leave them as is...and "changes" or freshining to put it back to what it looked like when the movie came out(new paint redo bodywork etc) completerl RUINS the car and its value as a colectors item. Cool car but if it was me id have to take a bunch of pictures..clone it and drive it :). I don't know if I could have much fun with a car that you cant fix, or modify,and has to remain as close to original as possible to maintain value...kinda just a sit and look at type car :(...cool car but I want to DRIVE it :).

I want it, but, not that bad. I would have a hard time finding the parts right?
I found a 69 4 speed at the right price. Could sell my vett and almost break even if the parts were not to $$$$$$. Only if I would have stayed single...but thats a long story,,,,, :toothy7:

Yes I have seen the real Corky car and rode and drove in it back in 1988. It had the side scopes but the wing and ram hood was gone when bought it, it also had white interior a 383 super commando 4 speed flared out wheel wells and sguare head lights. My friend knew what it was right away and bought it.

Yes I have seen the real Corky car and rode and drove in it back in 1988. It had the side scopes but the wing and ram hood was gone when bought it, it also had white interior a 383 super commando 4 speed flared out wheel wells and sguare head lights. My friend knew what it was right away and bought it.
jesus dude this thread is 7 years old

Wow Matt, it's pretty crazy isn't it!!! Once on the web, always on the web I guess.....lol.

Yeah Rick it vanishes in the vast virtual wasteland untill that one crazy digs digs it up.

Really shows the power of the Internet. And Google. This site is here for our entertainment. The wealth of knowledge that has been collected here is amazing. No othe site has what we have here. I would have never heard of this car if it weren't for Fabo. Don't knock the guy for bringing up a thread that's "years old". I learned something new today!

-
Back