Coronavirus Breakout Cruise

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Since the coronavirus has basically slammed the brakes on having car shows and cruise-ins, we decided to have our first real car cruise. We dubbed it the "Coronavirus Breakout Cruise." The weather decided at the last minute not to cooperate - it rained from the minute we pulled out of the parking lot for the full two hour ride. We managed to do this and still generally follow the social distancing and mitigation guidelines. Even despite the weather we had close to 80 cars (all years and makes) participate. That's my uncle's 66 Chevrolet.

This was the first time I have ever actually driven my Dart in "real" rain. As sad as it was, it was actually a bit relieving too. I also discovered that all the money and time I put into my build still didn't keep the corner of the windshield from leaking during the ride. But my daughter and I laughed about it regardless (that's her in the picture). Anyway, we didn't get many pictures because we ended up leading the whole train, but there were a few good pictures taken along the way. As a side note, we are having another cruise again this Saturday in our area.

IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5006.JPG

IMG_5008.JPG

IMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5023.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

-
Back