Coronet 500 Convertible

-

sureshot43

Reaction score
Just curious. Are you guys seeing any of these cars around? I had one when I was 17. Nothing special in the performance department(318/727 stock). The car was totalled while sitting at a body shop getting the quarters redone. I haven't seen any at the car shows I've been to. And Yeah, I know its not an A-body,but you guys have more knowledge of this kind of stuff than most.

Just curious. Are you guys seeing any of these cars around? I had one when I was 17. Nothing special in the performance department(318/727 stock). The car was totalled while sitting at a body shop getting the quarters redone. I haven't seen any at the car shows I've been to. And Yeah, I know its not an A-body,but you guys have more knowledge of this kind of stuff than most.
What year? and how did it get totalled at a body shop.

A friend of mine has one he is waiting to restore. I think its a 68 and i honestly don't think i've seen another one, atleast not the same year and package as his

i have one thats a 67 318/727 car one of 27 ever built that year its really solid but all over the garage

about 15 years ago i had a 66 cornet 500 conv 383 4 speed it was my daily driver ill see if i can find pics

About 11 years ago I sold my '67 Coronet R/T convertible. Hemi, 4 speed, dana, white w/ black interior and top. I sold it to finance my '71 hemicuda.

I went to NY and picked up a 69 500 convertible 318/ auto it was a rust free cal. car

After a 10 hour one way drive, dealing with a car not in the sellers name then driving home to surprise dad, he liked it but didn't want it. So I sold it to a friends dad I worked with. Seems in 69 he wanted a convertible but with 3 young boys it wasn't the right car for the time. He bought a 69 500 wagon with wood grain sides. So he finally got his convertible, the last time I talked to brian his dad still had it

Another guy I know took his B5 blue 69 500 and made a RT clone out of it.

Seen a 67 coronet 440 convertible on a trailer at the cruisein tonight for sale $800. Rusted real bad, sitting outside the last 18 years, this guy was not a mopar guy, thought the 440 meant engine size. It was a 318 car that someone put a 383/400 in

There is one for sale on Long Island NY. It is in Newsday classified.
Not my car, but here are ad details:
67 Coronet 500 convertible excellent condition, bucket seats, console,
red/black $16,000

phone 631-499-2026

Mine was a '68. The body shop sat along a major 4 lane highway. The car was backed up along a fence about 50 feet from the road,with a big ditch to handle the water coming off the highway. One night,some doctors kid fell asleep(or passed out) behind the wheel of his 280Z turbo. His car goes off the road at about 100mph, hits the ditch and does a "Dukes of Hazzard" right onto the trunk of my car. You could see right where his car took off from, and then nothing until the damage to my car and a boat that was parked next to it. The tongue from the boat trailer was actually punched through the passengers door and was INSIDE the car. The 280Z then bounces back out onto the highway and comes to rest in the median strip. How this guy walked away no one knows. The State police estimated speed at impact to be about 85mph.

I do have pictures somewhere. Will try to find them. The guys insurance co. offered Me $1750 for the car and I took it, not knowing what I had. I had only paid $1100 for the car.

Mine was a '68. The body shop sat along a major 4 lane highway. The car was backed up along a fence about 50 feet from the road,with a big ditch to handle the water coming off the highway. One night,some doctors kid fell asleep(or passed out) behind the wheel of his 280Z turbo. His car goes off the road at about 100mph, hits the ditch and does a "Dukes of Hazzard" right onto the trunk of my car. You could see right where his car took off from, and then nothing until the damage to my car and a boat that was parked next to it. The tongue from the boat trailer was actually punched through the passengers door and was INSIDE the car. The 280Z then bounces back out onto the highway and comes to rest in the median strip. How this guy walked away no one knows. The State police estimated speed at impact to be about 85mph.
The kid should have been found face down in the same ditch he had managed to jump days before.

There are still plenty of Coronet 440 and 500 convertibles out there, just like the sedans and hardtops, most of them seem to be living as R/T and Super Bee clones. It's kinda sad....

<--- Had two Coronet 440's and darn proud of it! ;)

-
Back