Correct 1971 Demon Door Panel/Card

-

salami340

Reaction score
Hi all, I was looking to restore or replace my door panels on my 1971 340 Demon. Someone put screws in the panel to hold the corner down... It seems however I way have 1972 door panels (Car was restored by a PO).

This is a pic of my panel.
1694712355729.jpeg

Does anyone know if a 1971 Demon ever came factory with 72 panels (maybe a later production 71 model)? All the picture I can find online for reference have all black panels (no wood grain strip). If I do try to find new panels I'd like it to match what the car might have originally had.

My Duster was made in the last week of production July 9th, and has 1971 panels. I am sure it would be the same for your Demon.

Somebody put the wrong panels on your car

Here is a factory Demon Door seems like your mirror remote control was drilled too close to the demon emblem and your remote control bezel is 72 style

20230914_145004.jpg

16-1668117066384@2x.jpg

It's a common thing I see when people add sport mirrors they don't go by an original for an exact template for drill hole location

Maybe they must have had a 72 demon donor car. Oh well I guess I'll roll with it for now seeing as the rear panels also match. My fender tag and build sheet indicate I should have sport mirrors but the donor car probably didn't have them also the passenger door should have a sport mirror and does not have a mirror. Probably not even the original passenger door. I also have a 72 fender extension on the passenger side so obviously they used a few 72 parts. Thanks for the info!

-
Back