Correct 3 spd wiper motor part number for 8/23/68 built 69 Dart GT

-

70gtx440dana

70gtx440dana
Reaction score
Trying to confirm the correct 3 speed wiper motor part number for an early build 1969 Dart GT. SPD for the car is 8/23/68. I know the 2983116 motor was available a couple months into production. However, I am not certain what part number motor was used for early 69 A body cars. Was it the 2983033 motor?? Or, another part number. Pictures of motors with date codes would really be great! Thanks in advance!! Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 129
I have that motor on my 69 but do not know that cars build date -- or any of the specific info, I can get you the numbers if you would like-- a member on here (passion4mopars) rebuilds these(looks like your's has been) maybe they could assist, the only other thing I have is the cd rom with the part's numbers. Lawrence

..i think the bottom characters determine date.
in the example shown it would have been built on the 328th day of of '69 and would be for 1970.

I am aware of the date code on the above motor and realize it is not correct for an early 69. I posted this photo for reference of the later motor. I am working with Kim at Passion4Mopars on this issue. She believes the correct motor would be the 2983033 motor but is not 100% sure. I am hoping that someone can provide photos or other information on an early build A body with the original motor to confirm this. The parts book lists the #116 motor only for A body. However, Kim does not think they were being used yet at the time this car was built. Hopefully someone will come thru with some evidence. Thanks!!!

-
Back