correct a body filler neck???? for 70 swinger

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a correct filler neck for a 70 swinger?? My car did not have the ECCS so does not have a tank with all vent nipples. My car has the tank without vents but has a vent tube on the filler neck. I just ordered a filler neck from classic industries listed for a 70-71 and got a filler neck that is 3in too long and does not have the vent tube. any help would be appreciated thanks
Mark

I would recommend checking eBay. I did a search on there based on what you provided and came across a couple of different options around $70. Not sure how to confirm if they are exactly what you are looking for but it is worth a look. I would check with Vans Auto in Wisconsin. They are also on eBay.

Thanks I have been watching eBay and been in contact with vans, classic industries, and year one. No one seems to have the correct one for my tank. I could use my original but I don't like the rust on the metal price inside the tube.

I would not think the Dart would be shaped the same

No one else has ran into.this issue? Will the 69 dart style work?

The eBay listing I saw from Vans only had 67-69 Dart listed for the filler neck. I don't know why more of these are not reproduced, but I suppose demand (or lack of) has something to do with it.

I would think anyone replacing a gas tank would buy a new filler neck. If I could replace the baffle inside problem would be solved. It's probably not a big deal since there is a fuel filter I just prefer the idea off running fuel over a new baffle and not over the rusted one.

Same problem here with my 67 valiant. Can't find the filler neck anywhere! It's corroded inside and don't want to run gas over that into a new tank! Lol, ideas anyone?

-
Back