Correct Block Color - 4/20/71 Build 340

-

Bossfornova

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm not a Mopar guy and have seen multiple articles on correct block color for a late 71 340. 71 Duster 340 with an April 20, 1971 build date came with orange block. I've read that late 71 model years were also corporate blue, but cutoff could be right around the time this car was assembled. Not that I'd even go after changing the block color at this point, but I'm curious of what is correct.

Thanks, Lee

I believe that the color change corresponded to the factory change.........Not sure where or when though.

They did change the 340 from street Hemi orange to blue right around that time. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

I had a 71 340 Duster with a blue engine and I believe it was about an April 71 build. I don't have the car anymore and back then nobody really cared about build dates or build sheets. I bought the car in August as a leftover because I heard they were destroying the 72 340's. Lower compression and no more rally dash, not even an option.

Thanks for the info, it was more curiosity. I read color change happened around the same time as the build date, so it might be ok with either. I'm not intending to redo the block color in any event.

-
Back