correct carb for my 360

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
looking to get a carb with my parts list next spring and wanted some help choosing the right one, ive spent too much money guessing with everything. its a 360 with...
10.5 comp.
lunatti 292dur. 480lift
edelbrock alum. heads
rpm air gap intake
4 speed w/3.91's

thanks to everyone!

WELL first i would ask my self a couple ? street/strip ,drag only or sat night cruiser . first 2 i like holley demon or barry 750 manual sec ...third one edelbrock

yeah street/strip lots of hard street driving, so whats a good cam for this set up? i have a 700 dp manual sec. holley 4778 right now do you think i could get everything out of my engine with that properly tuned?

The formula for calculating cfm is ((CID*Max RPM)/3456)*Engine Efficiency.

Max RPM is limited by what the valve gear will sustain or when induction flow stalls (stops increasing regardless of additional rpm).

Efficiency is typically 70% HP street, 80% Mild Comp, 90% Full Comp and/or with forced induction.

My motor

.030 over 360 10.7 compression
Performer intake
.474/.474 Mopar cam
302 heads, TTI headers, 3.55 gears
Holley HP 750 Mechanical secondaries, four corner idle mixture circuit

I use the car for street use only but the carb is ready for drag racing use. The choice with the type of carb came in play because I have a 4 speed ... instead of using vacuum secondaries.

I've had all types of Holley carbs and one Edelbrock and I love this one far more than any other I've had.

4150 Carb 002.jpg

4150 Carb 001.jpg

4150 Carb 004.jpg

650dp Speed Demon will work great. If you need some help with getting it dialed in PM me.

looking to get a carb with my parts list next spring and wanted some help choosing the right one, ive spent too much money guessing with everything. its a 360 with...
10.5 comp.
lunatti 292dur. 480lift
edelbrock alum. heads
rpm air gap intake
4 speed w/3.91's

thanks to everyone!

AFB's are my favorite for close-to-stock engines. You might get away with one, but would probably have to re-jet it. For some reason, people have problems with metering rods and jets.

In your case, maybe a Holley. Mechanical secondaries with a four speed.

A video would be nice! I have to wait until early Summer before mine hits the road. My 340 is almost the same specs. I have a hydraulic roller cam, but it's close otherwise.

I picked up a 670 Street Avenger for my 360. Havent run it yet so I cant give you any info. If I have any problems with it I will go with a Edelbrock 750. Either of these carbs will run well. The 670 is good for 300-400 hp,should work really well.

faucet pics 578.jpg

If anyone here is interested, I have a 800 Edelbrock with electric choke for sale. Perfect condition!

$200.00 plus shipping.

-
Back