CORRECT CARPET

-

rch105

Reaction score
1972 Demon 340, 4 speed with front bench, no console, built October 27, 1971.

What is the correct carpet I need?

80/20 Loop or Cut Pile?

Thanks!

The car had cut pile when I bought it around 1990/1991. It was not the original carpet. I was the 3rd owner. Owner # 1 had it a year, then traded it back to the dealer. Owner # 2 owned it from late 1972 until he sold it to me.

Based on the early build date, I was leaning on the 80/20 loop. Hopefully I'll have a few more join in on this post.

Yote what is your build date?

The car had cut pile when I bought it around 1990/1991. It was not the original carpet. I was the 3rd owner. Owner # 1 had it a year, then traded it back to the dealer. Owner # 2 owned it from late 1972 until he sold it to me.

Based on the early build date, I was leaning on the 80/20 loop. Hopefully I'll have a few more join in on this post.

Yote what is your build date?
I ordered my car in December 1971 and it was delivered in February . Don't know the actual date.
Yote

Thanks everyone! From what I've heard and read, it does appear that the 80/20 loop is the correct carpeting for mine.

Unless you are doing a trailer queen resto, I say put in what you want. Which looks best to you? If you don't care, then put in the correct one. I kept my car mostly stock looking, but I did a few things that I liked, even though they were not correct. When people come up to me at a car show and say, "this is wrong, and that is wrong", I show them the chips in the paint I have touched up and tell them I built the car to drive; not to haul around on a trailer.

swingingdart and harrisonm, mine is not a trailer queen by any stretch of the imagination. Although it has not seen snow (at least by me), it has seen rain and our sometimes muddy 500' lane. I'm like you two. I've kept it as stock as possible because that's me. I did add A-body hood pins and a period Tuff wheel, as my '71 Duster 340 that I ordered in 1970 had both. My now long time deceased '71 did have 80/20 loop, but I knew that from my pics I have and my feeble memory. Thanks for chiming in! 80/20 loop it will be!

Same here. My car is now a bucket seat console tuff wheel '72 dart. It's mine, and I love it. It may not be "right" but it's "alright" :) good luck! Be sure you have a sharp knife, you have to trim the edges of the new carpet to fit.

-
Back