Not open for further replies.

Arron tate

T B L
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All,
Looking to buy the correct Choke Thermostat for 73 340 (see manifold picture).
Does the mounting use two screws as the manifold has provisions for Or is only one utilized as depicted in the second attached photo.
If anyone has a correct type to sell, Needs to be new condition could be OEM or aftermarket let me know.
Note: second pix is for reference only.
Thanks in advance,
Stay safe.
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
Choke Well 04_06_20.JPG
Choke thermostat 04_06_20.jpg

Last edited:
Hello All,
Looking to buy the correct Choke Pull Off for 73 340 (see manifold picture).
Does the mounting use two screws as the manifold has provisions for Or is only one utilized as depicted in the second attached photo.
If anyone has a correct type to sell, Needs to be new condition could be OEM or aftermarket let me know.
Note: second pix is for reference only.
Thanks in advance,
Stay safe.
Arron. View attachment 1715501989 View attachment 1715501990
I was wrong, sorry.
Aaron got it for you.

Last edited:
I believe that is for a '71 intake
shopping

You are correct.
Looks Like Aaron Tate got it.
The little tab goes in one of the bolt holes and there is no cup installed first.

Crap, it won't let me delete the pictures.
Ah, there we go.

Last edited:
Hello All
Agreed (my bad) that I used the incorrect terminology of "pull Off"
The Pull off is a small Vacuum dash pot that mounts to the carburetor. That holds the choke on when high vacuum is present and will allow the choke to come off under load (low vacuum). Both the Pull off and the bimetallic unit work in tandem of each other.
I am looking for the "bimetallic" unit that works by way of manifold exhaust crossover temperature and or 12 vdc as noted in the pictures I provided.
Thanks in advance,
Stall Safe.
Arron.

Someone on this site had some for sale recently. I couldn't find the post, but I'm sure it's out there.

I have a few of the 4bbl 1s. Their different than a 2bbl. Do u need the electric assist ballast also. If so is it rectangular or round. Kim

I have a few of the 4bbl 1s. Their different than a 2bbl. Do u need the electric assist ballast also. If so is it rectangular or round. Kim

Hello Kim,
1: Its a 4 bbl intake.
2: I would like the electric assist ballast.
3: I do not have the old one to compare it to, But I am guessing that you are referring to the lower part of the well on the manifold.
That part is round on the manifold I have
See attached picture.
As always,
Thanks in advance,
Arron:
Choke Well B 04_06_20.jpg

I’m referring to a white ceramic ballast that bolts to the coil bracket. It might be called electric assist. I can get some pics in a few days as we just got 6 inches of snow today. Kim

I’m referring to a white ceramic ballast that bolts to the coil bracket. It might be called electric assist. I can get some pics in a few days as we just got 6 inches of snow today. Kim

Thanks Kim.
Stay safe,
Arron

6" of snow??:BangHead::wtf:

I've dealt with Mike's carbs before, good pricing and selection if Kim doesnt have what.u need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back