correct front wheel bearings and seals

-

steveh

Reaction score
Anyone know which bearings and seals are used on a 67 sbp disc brake set up...local chains only show part #s for 9 and 10 inch brakes. I assume one of those are the same used with the disc brake hub, but which one?

thx
steve

The 10" drum used on a 1968 Barracuda is the same because that is what I used as my application when I got mine. I am sure the other years would be the same as long as it was a 72 back a-body.

For 10 or 11" the bearing and race is part #SET2 for the outer bearing and SET6 for the inner bearing. These are Timken bearings and when I did mine they are still made in the U.S.A. Autozone has them if you have one around you. Also used skf seals. I also have kelsey hayes setup on mine sbp.

For 10 or 11" the bearing and race is part #SET2 for the outer bearing and SET6 for the inner bearing. These are Timken bearings and when I did mine they are still made in the U.S.A. Autozone has them if you have one around you. Also used skf seals.

There was no 11" brakes used on the sbp Mopars.

A2 and A6 are the National wheel bearing numbers but if the Timkens are still made in the USA I would buy those.

National wheel seal is 6840S.

I know that. That is the way autozone has it listed,besides that that same bearing is used on multiple applications.

I know that. That is the way autozone has it listed,besides that that same bearing is used on multiple applications.

Yes, the outer bearing fits a Lotus, Volkswagon, DeTomaso, Cadillac, Edsel and etc.. too but that isn't what he was asking. If he went in and asked for 11" brakes for his 68 Barracuda they would tell him there is no such thing.

Okla. please check autozone and you will see for yourself. If he were to do so it will show what I have stated. I am well aware that bbp has the larger 11" brakes. All I wanted to do was give info that I had used on my demon. Thanks.

Yeah, that is the trick...reality and what's in the computer are two very different things. NAPA doesn't even list bearings for the disc set up...only 9 or 10inch drums.

So how about a part # on a dust cap? Closest thing I could find was Dorman 13996 But its a hair big in diameter. Tried filing it down..beat the hell out of it but cant get it to go in

-
Back