Correct Fuel Sender for 1965 Dart

-

zephyr

Reaction score
It looks like the parts houses carry the sender for a 65 Dart in three different hose sizes. Can you tell me what size would be correct for an original tank in a stock 65 GT vert 273?

Thanks

It looks like the parts houses carry the sender for a 65 Dart in three different hose sizes. Can you tell me what size would be correct for an original tank in a stock 65 GT vert 273?

Thanks

My '64 Valiant V8 is 5/16

If it has never been changed, it is 5/16th inch. Good luck getting one that will work with your gages. Do not discard the original sender, as they can be rebuilt, as might have to be done to get correct readings on the stock gage.
Dave

If it has never been changed, it is 5/16th inch. Good luck getting one that will work with your gages. Do not discard the original sender, as they can be rebuilt, as might have to be done to get correct readings on the stock gage.
Dave

Who fixes them?

Instrument repair shops typically rebuild them. Agree with other posters that buying the aftermarket reproductions leads to erroneous readings. You can look in Hemmings Motor News online services section for vendors. Also agree with other posters that correct factory size is 5/16".

Instrument repair shops typically rebuild them. Agree with other posters that buying the aftermarket reproductions leads to erroneous readings. You can look in Hemmings Motor News online services section for vendors. Also agree with other posters that correct factory size is 5/16".

Thank you for that

On the 64 cuda with a slant it is 5/16. When you change the sender re use the old lock ring, the new ones don't seal most of the time.

Some of the confusion might come from the suppliers. Some pick ups are listed as 3/8. They come as 5/16. Haven't found a 3/8" yet.

-
Back