Correct Measurements for A body 8 3/4

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
Hi Guys! Please someone help me.. very confused.... I need to know what the correct measurements are for installing an 8 3/4 rear end in my 66 dart.
Also what years A body rear will bolt right In ??? There are so many posts my head is spinning. I have access to a B body housing, I know you need to "cut" it and move the perches but need to know "exact" measurements! Thanking you in advance, John

Hi Guys! Please someone help me.. very confused.... I need to know what the correct measurements are for installing an 8 3/4 rear end in my 66 dart.
Also what years A body rear will bolt right In ??? There are so many posts my head is spinning. I have access to a B body housing, I know you need to "cut" it and move the perches but need to know "exact" measurements! Thanking you in advance, John

From center to center hole the perches are 43". From drum face to drum face 57 1/8". These are stock 8 3/4 A body demensions.

Thanks for your input. Do you know what "years" will bolt right in from an A body? I have had different opinions on that issue as well. thanks, John

Any A-body rear will work for you, 66-69 had the brake distribution block closer to the center than the 70-72 which is on the axle tube. But a longer brake hose will fix this problem.

-
Back