correct placement, hood safety catch

-

mikess68

Reaction score
if a car has hood pins, did it have a safety catch like a normal hood. just keeping factory. (i know it don't need one with pins, but what did factory do?) and if so, was it body color, black alum, anodized?? etc

Yes they still had the primary and secondary catch with hood pins. I took mine off on my car to save a little weight. Sorry I don't know what color for sure but I want to say black.

matter of fact, i looked at some pics of cars and seen yours to see if had one. you ever going to clean that motor off? just kidding. tks Mike

matter of fact, i looked at some pics of cars and seen yours to see if had one. you ever going to clean that motor off? just kidding. tks Mike

I have a couple of cars with motors in the same condition. The problem is ... once you clean up the motor, the engine bay looks like crap. Once you clean up the engine bay, the rest of the car looks like crap. I don't know about you but I don't have the money/time to repaint those cars, let alone the engine bay and motor. For know, I just focus on keeping them running correctly while I focus on the main project(s) at hand.

Re: the color of the latch. I will go take a look at my cars later and report back.

LOL! Ya one day I will pull that greasy pig out of there and rebuild/clean it up repaint the car and engine bay. I have been saving up but you know how it goes. One day:clock:

-
Back