correct trunk matt for tawny gold demon...??

-

killbilly340

Reaction score
OK, it's a silly detail, I know... but I just had the trunk area restored and painted on my tawny gold 72 demon. (It's just painted tawny gold, to match the exterior.) So then I went looking for options for the rubber matt to go on the trunk floor. There was none when I bought the car.

Initially I was more interested in what would look good, rather than what was correct. But then I only found the following options online by catalogue, and with no pictures: Houndstooth, Herringbone, Tan Plaid and Gray Plaid... None of those sound great to me.. but presumably one of them was correct for this year/color, so I might as well go with that one. (Probably best chance of looking decent.) Any ideas how I can find what pattern matt went with what models/colors? Or have you ever seen the inside of a gold demon trunk by chance??

Thanks! - Billy

AFAIK, trunk mat colour wasn't keyed to body paint colour, so pick which one you like and go with it. I had a tan plaid one in my tan '65. It looked good. I have a grey plaid one in my dark gold (non-marketing people call it "brown") '73. It looks good. I had a houndstooth in my '71. It looked good. Bottom line is that any nice new trunk mat is going to look a lot better than a torn up old mat (or none at all). If you want to get jiggy with it, I'm sure ACC will make you a correctly-patterned mat in any of the six pages' worth of different materials they offer. The funky ones are on page 6. Froggy green waffle all the way!

-
Back