Correct wires for My setup

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
We just bought the Mallory Comp s/s 42 series distributor and the hyfire 6al ignition box from summit. We spent about an hour on the phone with tech support trying to find the correct spark plug wires to go with the socket style fittings at the top of the distributor. the guy checked everything from taylor to msd to try and find the right pre-assembled wires. Is anyone using our mallory setup and if so where did you get your plug wires? The block is painted blue with black accents so we were looking for a blue or a black wire to complement everything else. but red will do if thats the only thing that will work. Any help would be great...

PICT1355.jpg

Thanks

Bryce/Bob

If you are runing headers, I doubt you will find exactly what you need off the shelf. I went with blue MSD heli-core wires. Came with the 8 multi-angle plug boots. I then bought two 90* boots for my #5 & #7 wires.

Kinda funny, your engine looks like what mine used to lol. now.
000_0027.jpg

Good shot of the setup here and clearance for the headers. then.
mota.jpg

-Mike

I looked up your distributor and it looks like it has a hei cap.

Does your dist have a hei cap (male ends) or does your cap have female holes,(socket) style?

Let me know and I will be able to reccomend a wire.

I would probably go with a 8.5 MSD wire set.

John

Order wires for a 5.2L or 5.9L Magnum motor. They use a HEI style male cap unlike the LAs which use the female cap.

Well I went back and read your post,you have a socket style cap.

Check out MSD PN-31303 MSD 8.5mm super conductor wire set.

8.5mm black wires with grey ends,specific for chrysler small blocks.

Pretty pricey at around $70.00,but deffinately a top of the line wire set.

Looking back at your motor,these will look nice on there,plus deliver excellant performance.

Nice motor by the way !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck.
John

johnnydart i was mistaken, i just went back and looked at the part numbers this time on summit and i have the hei male cap. We bought the male but were looking at the socket style. will the plugs you mentioned still work?

I bought the Accel armor sheild wires for my Mallory. They have blue tips, but they are the customs fit. They do look sharp. Worth looking into.

Just get cut to fit wires, all the ones I have purchased come with both types on ends for the cap. Plus cut to fit gives you the flexability to route the wires the best way.

7DUSTER3 said:
johnnydart i was mistaken, i just went back and looked at the part numbers this time on summit and i have the hei male cap. We bought the male but were looking at the socket style. will the plugs you mentioned still work?

The part # I gave you was for the socket style cap,so no they will not work.

For your hei cap look for MSD pn 32749

These are the exact wires as the others except they have hei ends at the distributor.They are also custom fit for Chrysler small block engines.

They only have these in red wires with grey ends.

Performance wise these would be hard to beat.

These #'s are right out of MSD's ignition catalog.

-
Back