Cost for Septic System and Well

-
Lots of great info here, guys and thank you for your time. I lost my beautiful wife in 2020 as a direct result of the greatest lie of our lifetimes. Now those same liars have made it nearly impossible for any of us to follow our dreams, that's why I am struggling to get factual numbers for this stuff. So, the property I "won the bid on" in Nashville was 5 acres with a really cool "tiny house" on it and a big shed. I was excited because I could live in the tiny house and put all my stuff in the shed while the barndo was being built. Come to find out after doing due-diligence, the septic system is right where the barndo would need to be built, so I canceled the deal. Also only about 2 of the 5 acres are useable due to bad topography. Land in the Nashville area is VERY pricey so I have to be really careful with everything I plan. The best case would be to find a lot that already has systems in-place that don't interfere with my plans, but if I can't find something like that, I'll have to build from scratch, that's why I need an idea of the cost of this stuff. It's all really confusing and disappointing. Three years ago I could have bought anything that looked good, knowing that I would be OK with whatever everything else would cost me. NOT NOW ! Now I'm struggling with all kinds of financial decisions including buying or building something that won't wipe-out all of my savings. This barndo was a big dream of mine that I feel I deserve, but at this point I might need to buy just a "normal person's" small home and maybe just build a big garage on the property. I'm fortunate to have that option though. Thanks again.

I rented a backhoe and did two drain fields at my home in Fla
The first was beside a drain field from the 1920's that used red clay pipe and limestone. I installed one BESIDE the old drain field. Clogged up after a year. Moral of the story don't underestimate how far away the dirt becomes too saturated with the septic particles, meaning the water can't leach into the soil anymore.

Second one, other side of the yard using "Gator Pipe", 6 inch thin wall plastic pipe with many small hole, installed using 1 ft deep bed of limestone, lay the pipe down , another ft of limestone.

There is a formula I can't remember, something like a 1/4 inch drop down every 6 feet of the pipe. After 22 years It is working well
As evidence by the thick green grass growing on top of the drain field.

My current house, uses the "wafers"
That leach water and are stacked against each other. I have 7 rows of 20 wafers.=140ft

I didn't pull a permit, did it myself.
My cost including backhoe rental
$2k

If you can run a tractor , you can install a drain field

-
Back