Cost to have windshield installed

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
So I'm ready to re-install my front and back windshields in the dart.

Stopped my the local Elite Auto glass shop (safelite)

They quoted me $100 for the front and $100 for the rear. Thats with my glass and with my new gaskets, and the old glass is out, the window openings are cleaned of all old sealer and repainted.

She told me they have one guy who specializes in the old stuff and thats all he does. Says he has lots of experience on the older cars.

Does that sound about right ? I think her quote was based on R and R, but with the old glass out and everything all clean and ready to install I think it should be a little cheaper for just an install.

I could try it myself, but dont have any experience with installing glass, and I dont really have a helper, and I think it would be difficult to do alone. So i'm thinking a professional would be a good idea.

I paid $120 in So Cal to have the windshield installed, already off of the car, window openings cleaned ect.

Nice dart!

Looks great in white and with those wheels.

Pay the $100 each.

...but make sure a new windshield and the labor is covered by their insurance, if they break it, or if it looks funny to you after they're done, and it breaks a week later.

thats cheap, oh and i tried to install my front window 45minutes later i couldnt get the 2 pieces to look like one the rear one i was able to get in i ordered a new windshield and still had my new gasket windshield and installation was 235.00 for me and he was done in 5 minutes

I had 2 guys who have an 'on the road' business come by and install a solid rear window in my 75 Ford truck for $80, and that included the price of the gasket, and the removed my old slider window. Maybe prices are different up here though.

Well, Crap !

Turns out the guy they have thats experienced in the older cars is the store manager and he wont come to me (10miles) cause he cant be away from the store. Oh brother.

So he said he could send one of the other techs but they have no experience with old stuff. So looks like I'm screwed as far as that place.
I have no way to bring the car to them, cant really drive it on the highway with no front or rear glass, not to mention no doors, no seats, etc etc etc.

I figured that I would install mine on my Duster myself, got the front one for 150$ new. The second one I got cost the same but I paid 125$ to get it put in in one piece.

Please do not think i am being rude, but in FL, you just need sunglasses. :glasses7: Drive it, Brother, to the place, and then drive it back Home!

I saw a guy driving a 67 GTO with no windshield once.
He was wearing a helmet and goggles.

Sounds like you are not quite ready for the glass anyway.

10 miles is not a bad drive and $100 is a good price.

You'll figure it out.

-
Back