cost to inboard rear springs.

-

cherokeechief79

Reaction score
roughly what do you think it would set me back to have a chassis guy inboard and mini tub the rear of my 68 notch cuda?

whew -depends. there is a lot of work involved in getting it right.. just removing the axle perches and welding on the new ones takes several hours.. are you buying the parts and they are doing the work? what are we estimating here?

I had mine done for $900. moving the frame rails in, mini tubs, fitting the narrowed dana 60 and doing the sheet metal work. It took a little while but awesome work.

roughly what do you think it would set me back to have a chassis guy inboard and mini tub the rear of my 68 notch cuda?

Can't you just find someone to come to your house and do it? if they know what they are doing it could be done in a day.

Can't you just find someone to come to your house and do it? if they know what they are doing it could be done in a day.

I second this. I found a pipeline welder that does side jobs at 50$ an hour. I do all the prep and cutting prior, then the cost is minimal. Basically I have everything mocked up and clamped down before I call him to come over.

thanks,
the rear is going to be done separately by my friend who builds rears only.so all he needs to know is the distance between the perches.
the springs and mounts were just replaced so they will easily unbolt from the frame.
ive seen one kit that has the sheetmetal to widen the tubs but I think we could just move what we have inward and weld a strip to take up the gap.
I would cut all of this out myself but I don't have a welder and it seems most fabricators frown on customers "starting" it themselves.

I won $1000.00 at a bracket race and bought a used welder and the material and went for it! LOL.

I have done 4 cars now and I wouldn't do another for less then $1500 labor

Agreed. Out here, 1500 would be on the low side to do it and that is with the car stripped! I'm not pulling body/interior panels out of the car at all!

thanks for the input.
the car was a track car so there is no rear seat or rear interior.
I think I will take your advice and try to do most of the work myself and then have someone come over and finish the welding.
the only thing that actually scares me at all is that I think the trunk supports are mounted right where ill be cutting for the wells to be widened.

thanks for the input.
the car was a track car so there is no rear seat or rear interior.
I think I will take your advice and try to do most of the work myself and then have someone come over and finish the welding.
the only thing that actually scares me at all is that I think the trunk supports are mounted right where ill be cutting for the wells to be widened.

if your talking about the hinge mounts, and just mini tubs with the inner wheelhouse moved in, there's enough room for them to stay in there with a little massaging.

I would put the car where you want it to start the job, then check pinion angle with the car supported by the suspension. Then when you go to set the new setup, you know what the angle needs to be.

-
Back