Costo what?

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
The aging process truly sucks. Spinal cord stimulator put in back in February.Was expecting to go to PT but did not. Simulator got rid of all the sciatic pain, and a small portion of my lower back pain. Doc put a "jack" between L3&4. Dropped the pain level way down with in a day or tow of the procedure. Went for a follow up, got handed the script for PT. Therapist was 100% sure that my left leg was shorter then the other. Had lifts put in my soles. Within a day or two the pain sky rocketed. Therapist told me it was just my body "adjusting" to my hips being level. Pain continued to worsen. Had an x-ray done. Legs are exactly the same length. But I do have a abnormal mechanical axis deviation, whatever the hell that is. Supposed to be under 8mm bilaterally...mine is 27mm. Despite not being able to do any exercises at PT they still want to see me, doing some sort of ultrasound therapy and some sort of light...both are supposed to be helping loosen up the soft tissue. Anyway...yesterday was sitting here working my 3 web sites...when I developed this severe pain on the left side of my rib cage. Went to PT, was telling him about it...he touched my rib cage and I damn near jumped off the table. Said it is Costochondritis. The cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum is inflamed.
Came home and did some searching...found some videos that explained it a bit....that sort of make some sense in my case. My hamstrings/hips and muscles in my lower back are extremely tight...even more so then normal thanks to the shoe lift crap. With my back being so tight the front of my rib cage is having to move more then normal when I breathe and do any twisting etc. This extra motion has caused the cartilage to become inflamed.
I hurt...a lot. Going to see my primary care doc today about the rib pain..and going to see the doc that put the implants in on Monday. They are a bit concerned that I may have caused the herniation of my L5 disc to worsen....mentioned going back in and putting a "jack" between L4-5....but they mentioned I would l need to go for another MRI due to the last one showing that the herniation of L5 had improved since the last MRI.
This blows.....

Sorry to hear that Doug. Hope they get it straightened out for you

-
Back