could a 1975 duster into a demon..

-
No not impossible. If we are talking about the same car I seen photos of. The didnt make demons in 75. Im not sure how close the body lines would even be.

It can be done. You would have to be nuts to do it though. LOL

Duster4.jpg

Duster2.jpg

Duster3.jpg

yes we are takling about the same car, and i just like 72 demons more than 75 dusters

well they call me crazy :) !! i was jus twondering
trying to keep my options open, what do you have to do to change them??

It's possible, but a lot of work.
I changed a Duster into a Dart Sport and working on a second one.

* Change the entire front clip (fenders, hood, grille, bumper, latch tray, etc) and fabricate a mounting arrangement for "regular" front bumper brackets. I believe 1970-1972 Swinger and 1971-1972 Demon bumpers and brackets are the same. 1975 and 1976 Dusters have "shock absorber" bumper brackets.

* Install a Demon taillight panel/lights in place of the Duster.

* Fabricate a new mounting arrangement for a "regular" rear bumper. I believe 1970-1973 Duster, 1973 dart Sport and 1971-1972 Demon bumpers and brackets are the same. (double check) You might be able to retain the original later Duster bumper and "shock absorber" brackets if you retain the filler between the bumper and body.

* You'll have to match up the side marker lights, depending on what year you make it. All 1972 and later A-bodies had the long, plastic, surface mounted lenses. Earlier year had smaller versions recessed in the fenders and 1/4 panels.

* A 1971 Demon may have a flat trunk lid. 1972 and later Demons, Dusters and Dart Sports had the one with a rib down the middle.

* Not sure if the rear 1/4 wheelwell lips are a "little" different or not.

wouldnt the only demon parts be the tail panel? the nose could be had off any 72 dart. i like the early duster front end better myself. the front wheel openings match the rears. i have thought of doing my 74 front to a 72.

Yes, any Dart front clip would work.
Starting in 1970, the A-body Dodges had the rear of the front wheel opening taper back while the Plymouth A-bodies had the rear of the opening go down straighter.

Demster or Duston!? lol

Change the enitire front clip, rear tail light valance, add Demon badges a dash of salt and pepper let bake for 30 min's and you're done! lol

It's a very easy swap, at least with the front end.
You just need to find a way to secure the front bumper.
Everything else is a direct bolt on.
The remote latch on the Duster will not work with the Demon/Dart hood however.

You will also need to splice in the turn signals and marker lights, as the connectors are different.

My car has been a "DustDevil" for about two years now.

Dustdevilshowresize.jpg

Years ago, when I had a '72 Demon, everyone called it a Duster. Just like people used to call my Ranchero an El Camino. Ya can't win!
I'm building a '74 Dart Sport to look like a 70-71 Duster. Not resto precision, just close enough for a hot rod. I like the early cars because they represent the hi-po years. The '72 and up's don't do a thing for me with the low compression, big bumpers, etc. Just a personal preference.
But anyhow, sure, build it as whatever you want!

-
Back