Could someone please measure where the antenna hole is?

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I need some help...my 68 Valiant doesnt have a hole for the antenna and would like to put one in. Could I get some measurements from someone on where to drill? Is it obvious were the cable goes through? Would an antenna from a 77 Aspen look similar? thanks

Hi,

Don't know if it will help, but I'll measure the '71 Dart for you and get back to you. Probably a thing that if you are in the same general area not many will notice a bit off here and there. Just a matter of it the antenna you get is long enough to reach.

Drop you a post back in a bit.

Cheers

Okay, back in. I measured from the top edge of the fender on the actual fender itself by hooking the tape measure on the edge of the panel at the rear/door seam area. The length measurement was taken from the outside edge corner of the panel just where (at least on my '71 and '73 Darts) it curves over to flatten out a bit on the top. I hope that makes sense. Its the outside top corner at the edge.

Anyway, interestingly enough the '71 Dart measured 7 inches from the edge to the centre of where the antenna mast comes out. The '73 parts car I have measures 7.25 inches to the centre of the antenna measuring in the same way.

From the edge of the fender that creates the hood seam straight to the antenna centre measured 1.75 inches on both cars. I just hooked the tape on the edge of the panel with the hood down so this is a measurement of the top of the fender itself.

Hope that helps! Well, time for tea so best of luck.

Cheers

-
Back