COULD THIS BE A V-8 RAD?

-
Mopar Barcuda A Body radiator

I'm waiting to hear back from this seller, can anyone tell if this is a 19" or 22"? Ad says out of a Barracuda, looks to be an auto which is what I need but must cool a 340.
looks like a 22in and but cant tell it's for a v8 for sure but how do you know its in working shape? by the time you spend money on that plus to have it shipped and checked, you're looking at the price of a brand new one from Champion that'll cool better

looks like an aftermarket for 70-2 but fits in all 66-72 A bodies. I use these in my cars and use the 70-2 shroud. I don't think v8 have the inlet and outlets on the same side. I may be for a 6,research the outlets

I think in 68 and 69 they might have, 2898031 and 2949066 I believe, could be others. I guess I won't know until he gives me the part number. If it's what I need it's either a LONG drive or shipping. Thanks for the reply!

I have a cast water pump for it right now. My block is a 68, cover is correct to show timing marks with the outlet of the water pump on the drivers side. Cars nowhere near running, just looking for the hard to find parts.

Ok, I talked to the guy, he said this is out of a 273. Now my question is can a 3rd row be added to make this cool a 400ish hp 340? I will have the part number in the next couple of days.

Ok, I talked to the guy, he said this is out of a 273. Now my question is can a 3rd row be added to make this cool a 400ish hp 340? I will have the part number in the next couple of days.
are you trying for an original look?

if not, check out the prices on these.

Duster (70-73)

There is an awesome radiator shop in Burlington
Kens radiator he can fix you up has done several for my family .
He only asks that you give him a pic of your car so he can put it on the wall .
He can recite it however you want !!

Yes, I would like to have copper/brass. I spoke with my radiator guy, he added a row to my 89 suburban and did a great job. He says he would have to have the radiator in hand to be sure, sounds like he's not real familiar with Mopar, but he knows how to look and see how much room there is for adding tanks etc.

Yes, I do it all the time. Cast iron water pump is right for your 340, goes by year 70 up is aluminum. Not worth changing the whole system. Run what you got.

He made several for us added rows .
Also has newer design with an x pattern more efficient .
What he normally checks is the tanks to make sure there good .
All he has done for us are mopar ,
But we always bring them in .
Once there was a bad tank so I had to use another donor radiator .
Best of luck !!!

-
Back