Couple of Progress Pics of the Valiant

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
Made a li'l progress.....still in the mock up stage....the engine build has changed from the original 318/390 build to a 360/408 build and the block and heads are at my engine builders shop getting machined, the rotating assembly, cam, lifters, etc. have been delivered, so it shouldn't be long now before it's ready to drop in.....actually probably much sooner than I will be ready for it...lol

Picked up a real nice second hand Hurst Ramrod (v-gate) shifter and linkage from a friend....got it mounted up and have to say it is gonna be sweet....!!!!!! Will be a li'l bit of a challenge to get the boot right though with the stock shape hump, gonna need a li'l fiberglass work.

Please excuse the crappy cell phone pics.

16b75c28.jpg

258a0e73.jpg

DSC07117.jpg

Did some sheet metal removal on the hood.....man was I nervous on that one.....LOL Need to locate another Edelbrock 1406....snagged this one locally off craigslist 8)

97bb514c.jpg

5e2dc2da.jpg

a76fbde7.jpg

A shot of the new Scat Cast 4" Crank, Rods and KB-Icon Forged Pistons waiting for a new home :-D

DSC07116.jpg

Rickster

Looks like you are really getting things dun :cheers:
A big congratulations Rickster, I bet you was happy with the second hand Hurst Ramrod (v-gate) shifter and linkage, it looks like new =P~
I bet you was nervous cutting away on your hood 8) Looks perfect =P~

Thanks guys.....!!!!!! Got the hump installed today as well as the manual steering column and hung the pedals.....fun stuff 8)

854e508e.jpg

54a4fa78.jpg

Rickster 8)

Do you need a radio delete plate? I will hunt around for the one i have. It is the same blue so it won't look out of place until (or if) you redo the dash.

Do you need a radio delete plate? I will hunt around for the one i have. It is the same blue so it won't look out of place until (or if) you redo the dash.

YES YES YES.....OH Man I would forever be in your debt :cheers: funny, cause I was just looking at how to make one up yesterday whilst consuming an ice cold beer 8)

I'm also considering fabbing up an instrument bezel out of aluminum in the same shape as the original as I want to run autometer procomp gauges and speedo in that location and polishing it. The original is so brittle just handling it is causing it to fall apart....and it's only 46 years old :toothy10:

Thank you,

Rickster

The new Tuff Wheel showed up today, so I got it installed of course...lol

DSC07132.jpg

DSC07134.jpg

The good camera wasn't fogging up today so I took some better pics...!!!!! Still looking for another good deal on a second Edelbrock 1406 carb.....:scratch:

DSC07135.jpg

Nailed the paint code down....it is the "DD1 Medium Blue Metallic" after-all....:cheers:

DD1-14.jpg

That's it for today.....8)

Rickster

Is this car getting a straight axle?
Those velocity stacks are bitchin, are you gonna run a scoop or leave them out to be seen?
-Tim

No straight axle, going for the old school look, but not that old school....lol No scoop either just the stacks. Hope to go with some ansen type skinnies up front and steelies at the rear....????

Rickster

lets hear how that shifter works out,,,always wanted to try one in my 66,,REAL HOT RODS HAVE 3 PEDALS,,

lets hear how that shifter works out,,,always wanted to try one in my 66,,REAL HOT RODS HAVE 3 PEDALS,,

LOL....it's going to be awhile before it actually hits the road, but I can tell you that just by how it feels setup in mock-up it's going to be very sweet, it's smooth like a good gravy 8)

The 408 is being assembled this weekend and should have some pics soon.....I've been searching for a pair of "plain die-cast valve covers" like the ones summit used to sell, that I can mill the name off of, but as yet have had zero luck finding a pair ](*,)

Starting to do the body work in my spare time while getting parts located and bought 8)

Rickster

-
Back