Couple of Questions...'72 Demon

-

Joeycurl

‘72 Demon 440
Reaction score
1) Does anyone know what metal the interior door sill for a demon is made from? Stainless Steel or Aluminum?

2) The Map light switch on the drivers left side... is the light bulb on the passenger side under the dash? or is it suppose to turn on the dome light? The wiring diagram doesn't show the switch or blub?

1) Does anyone know what metal the interior door sill for a demon is made from? Stainless Steel or Aluminum?

2) The Map light switch on the drivers left side... is the light bulb on the passenger side under the dash? or is it suppose to turn on the dome light? The wiring diagram doesn't show the switch or blub?

The door sill metal is plain old non galvanized steel.
The switch was only for the floor light as far as I have ever seen.
I have wired that switch to the dome light on a few that the headlight switch didn’t control the dome for whatever reason though.

The door sill metal is plain old non galvanized steel.
The switch was only for the floor light as far as I have ever seen.
I have wired that switch to the dome light on a few that the headlight switch didn’t control the dome for whatever reason though.

Thank you.

That map light is suppose to come on when ever right? right now mine only comes on when the passenger door is opened.

Thank you.

That map light is suppose to come on when ever right? right now mine only comes on when the passenger door is opened.

Yea, it’s supposed to be just a map light and not dome, but it might have been rewired.
I could be wrong but I really doubt it.
We have 72and73 Darts.

I believe those sill moulding are aluminum as they polish up real nice.
i did try to polish up the backside and you are right they do polish easily. However, i question that's AL since there is some corrosion/scaling and some rust "stains" on mine.

Aluminum also dents easily but will polish up nice. Rust staining could be transferred from painted metal area where attached to, plus the metal screws and holes. Anyone with the aluminum wheel-well trims, especially when car has seen some winters, can attest to proof of corrosion.

Yea, it’s supposed to be just a map light and not dome, but it might have been rewired.
I could be wrong but I really doubt it.
We have 72and73 Darts.

Back to the map light under the dash... it should come on whenever the map light switch is flipped "on" and not tied to passenger door "open"

-
Back