Couple of questions using Speedmaster heads

-

dart_68

Reaction score
Got a couple of questions that I have not seen answered directly.

1) What spark plugs are you using?
2) I'm going to use the Speedmaster head studs. Considering what info ARP provides for their head studs used for the Edelbrock heads,
a) What torque spec are you using (Edelbrock wants 110 gt/lbs)?
b) Are you lubing under the nut/washer and what with?
c) Are you using sealant on the threads and what sealant?

Thanks!

I'm running a little over 11 to 1 compression with a stroker.. I used to NGK 4091 which is basically a number seven. That's probably a little colder than you would use on factory compression...
I used the Speedmaster studs and I'm pretty sure I just took them down to the factory 95 pounds. I did get some ARP lubricant and I don't remember using any sealant... I think I just used it on the threads then read later I was supposed to put it on the washers... Oops..
Anyways running good and I put it to the test a few times...
IMG_20200918_220509.jpg
IMG_20200527_150406.jpg
IMG_20200531_140027.jpg

Champion 318 or autolite 5224. I have both. They have an extended electrode vs rc12yc

Running the speed master studs, used ARP brand lube on the washers. Torqued to 110 ft/lbs

No sealant on the threads, but if you wanted it loctite 567.

I think I know the answer, but just checking again, Do y’all lube the threads of the stud going into the block? Those get finger tight?

I think I know the answer, but just checking again, Do y’all lube the threads of the stud going into the block? Those get finger tight?
I ran the studs down finger tight but when I put the nuts on most of the studs did not have full thread engagement. I actually had to back them off some to get full thread engagement in the nuts.

I did use the ARP stud lubricant which I HIGHLY recommend.

I ran the studs down finger tight but when I put the nuts on most of the studs did not have full thread engagement. I actually had to back them off some to get full thread engagement in the nuts.

I did use the ARP stud lubricant which I HIGHLY recommend.

Same here. Seated all studs down finger tight, and then backed them out to have full thread engagement + 1-2 threads protruding.

-
Back