Couple of questions

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
block and rotating assembly about ready to come back from the machine shop. 360/410 stroker, S475 turbo, 727.
am at present looking at converters and just wondering what I should or need to be looking for. 50/50 street strip. recommendations on brand and supplier would be great.

alsoooo....have got msd digital 6al and piggy back btm, msd pro billet dissy that a run with the 360 vortech v2 setup. should I stick with this or go with the msd 6530 programmable digital 6al2.

cheers

Id go with the 6530 that's what I run. it works pretty well and its affordable. As for converters pick one of the popular builders and let them sort it out for you. They can dial the converter in with what you want and match it to your componenets. Pick Ultimate, PTC, A1 or another. I run a A1 and it seems to do the job quite well.

am at present looking at converters and just wondering what I should or need to be looking for. 50/50 street strip. recommendations on brand and supplier would be great.

As said above, contact a reputable converter builder, PTC is a good choice, give them ALL of the cars specs.

Engine build and components, weight of car, intended usage. They can build one specifically for your combo.

http://ptcrace.com/

There is a spec sheet on that link that will give you an idea of the info needed.

hands down PTC, OR UCC.. spend the money once and buy a nice one to match your setup.. ive seen it a 100 times where people try to skimp on the converter and regret it down the road..

With PTC you will need to call them. Their email response rate is pitiful.

cheers for the info...will be contacting PTC in coming days.
at what HP range are anti ballooning plates required in a converter?

will look more into the msd 6530. have read only good things about it.

have ordered converter from ptc. had to ring them but Lane sorted me out. great people.
about to order MSD 6530, but was wanting to know what the deal is with the MAP sensor. I need a 2 bar. will any 2 bar do or do I need the one that msd has.
cheers

-
Back