Covid 19 and 2020 collector car insurance ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
I only get to drive my 64 to a couple events in July (have already paid for 1 event), and not much any other time because of personal family things. My 64's insurance will be due on April 25th 2020 and pay for it for once a year. July Shows may be canceled because of Covid 19. I hope the events will still happen...But the way things are going, I would not be surprised to find out that they were canceled. Whats you thoughts..not sure it's worth it to pay for insurance this season ?????

If it were destroyed could you afford the loss?
I would pay it, if only for the peace of mind, and being able to take it out should an opportunity present. I pay for my 76 Ventura's insurance in October, it's incredibly cheap, and not worth the risk of something happening to it. I don't have my 75 Dart insured yet since it is still incomplete, but will keep it covered year round once it's done. This situation will run it's course, nobody can predict how long it will take or how many events will be cancelled because of it, but there will be a return to something resembling normal eventually.

Never thought about if there were a possible fire , or if it was ripped off. I would have payed for the insurance I,m sure anyway..but you brought up some good points.

Just pay it! You'd wish you did if something happened. The bigger question is why do you only drive your car twice a year??? Just because the shows are cancelled doesn't mean you can't still take the Mopar out and stretch it's legs little.

Just pay it! You'd wish you did if something happened. The bigger question is why do you only drive your car twice a year??? Just because the shows are cancelled doesn't mean you can't still take the Mopar out and stretch it's legs little.
Wife needs a lot of care ...somethings are just more important... like it or not

Wife needs a lot of care ...somethings are just more important... like it or not

If it comes down to car or the well being of your wife then you should know the answer. At least you don’t have to sell the car.

If you have the funds then absolutely keep the insurance. Accidents happen.

If it comes down to car or the well being of your wife then you should know the answer. At least you don’t have to sell the car.

If you have the funds then absolutely keep the insurance. Accidents happen.
Yeah my wife 's health is always first. So far I have not had to think of selling the car...yet anyway.

-
Back