Cracked valve bodies on early 904 trans

-

jmello62

1965 Dodge Dart GT
Reaction score
Has anybody seen or had problems with cracked valve body on early 904 1960 to 1965 years I had mine crack Then I bought another core trans and the valve body was cracked in the same place

I have had 3 of them crack on a 65 727. The valve bodies are interchangeable. I can't tell you why they cracked.

Are they cracking where they put a stiffener plate on later models?

They are cracking next to the pressure regulator valve where it directs the fluid to and from the front pump
Kenton is your trans a cable shift I have the 65 cable shift trying to find out if I can use a later model valve body with my cable linkage on it

If you could, pics would be appreciated, I have a core PB trans from a '62 i'm planning
on building. Prob. find it OK w/ that description, but just the same.....

They are cracking next to the pressure regulator valve where it directs the fluid to and from the front pump
Kenton is your trans a cable shift I have the 65 cable shift trying to find out if I can use a later model valve body with my cable linkage on it

Mine is a 65 727. I'll see if I have pictures.

This is where all of mine cracked.

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 137
What it is doing that make me pull the pan, is not going into passing gear. Also it shifts way too low. I now have a completely stock valve body on there. It kicked down once, now acts the same same way the two before acted. I haven't pulled the pan yet to see if this one cracked.

Ok,thanx for the pics, I'll check that out and compare the newer VB section there to see
what they've changed.

That is the same location that my valve body cracked I have been told that low fluid level will cause this due to spikes in pressure also I found kinks in my cooler lines. I was told that we cant use later valve body parts because of our trans have 2 pumps

-
Back