• 00V0V_fRBgikSm6Pb_600x450.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 00o0o_dG8NIZ6dKIQ_600x450.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 00C0C_9L6DpwadtJL_600x450.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 322
  • 00K0K_hH12nFidpO5_600x450.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 310
that's about an hour and half from me and if that car is really from this area since new ....rust wont be an issue :glasses7:

I was trying to find a buddy to go with me to buy this car. Was going to buzz from Wichita to the car and back in a day. The guy just called me back and said it just sold. Ohhhh well.Hope it was one of us from FABO!!

All the years I have lived here I can't believe I never saw that one. Wonder what the deal is with the gas cap? Looks like he has put some kind of door on there.

The gas door is like that on the 65. I thought the same thing as well, lol

Yes, the car is SOLD, and to another member here!! I'll let him speak up if he wants. However, in the meantime....it's nestled next to my 66 :) until he picks it up.
The car drives straight(can take hands off at 65mph and it stays straight), stops excellent, has powersteering, manual brakes, new tires.. Sure it has it's flaws but WELL WORTH the $2000. ALL trim and emblems are there and are good to excellent...no pitting and shines real nice (even the rocker panel trim). Both bumpers are near perfect and the dent in the grille isn't as bad in person as it looks in the pictures.
The body has a few dings and has a small amount of filler in the lower rear half of the quarters. The trunk extensions are rust free and solid though. The spare tire tub is rust free. Looking at the quarters from the trunk, it's all original metal so I figure the filler is at the very very radius of the quarter(s) The rest of the body is straight, and rust free. The yellow is all one color but I think whoever did the repaint sprayed it thin in different panels as the other color is showing from under the paint.....car still looks very good though. The interior def need work but I don't think it's "done, ruint, whatever", lol.
Let's just say, I wish I came across this before I got my Valiant. I paid $3000 for my 66 and this 65 is in just as or a little better shape.

The story on the car is, it was a 19yo or somethings car that he was busted with a DUI in. The car sat at the impound yard here in the Springs until the point where the kid couldn't afford to pay the storage/impound fees so he just let it go. The car eventually went to auction and that's where the recent owner picked it up. He's had it for 3yrs now and is relocating to Alaska for his job and just can't take it with him. He's leaving Monday/Tuesday of this next week so that's why the price went from $3000 to $2000 in a week.
Now, it's in the hands of another FABO member who'll take care of it like it needs!

I spoke with another member here and he thought that they were like that. If not, whoever done it done a darn good job at doing it. I couldn't tell it was put in and I looked in the trunk. But come to think of it, there was a rubber splice that was in the middle of the filler tube. Hmmm. I figured it got damaged by something in the trunk and that was the quick fix....didn't think about it anymore than that.
On a good note, he says it seals real good and "depressurizes" when you unscrew the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back