Craigslist Rant

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Ok,im trying to sell my 74 Impala on Craigslist and I dont know how many of you get pissed at this,but its really starting to annoy me.
I posted an ad for it yesterday at 3PM my time.Not less than 1 hour later,fricking car dealer ads flood the section ,burying my ad !And I cant repost it for another couple of days.I check Craigslist this morning and the same dealerships post even MORE ads,even dealers from Denver,Colorado Springs,and even Nebraska which are not even supposed to post in the Fort Collins section flood the section.I have contacted Craigslist suggesting a seperate section for car dealerships but I dont hear anything back from them.:banghead:

just keep flagging them. i had tire dealers doing this and we cooled them down

Dealer ads are separate, you can search byowner, bydealer or byboth.
As for the out-of-town ads, Flag the hell out of them.
Ive flagged them,and they still post in there.Theres like 14 dealer ads from Colorado Springs that popped up this morning.I was thinking of posting on Sundays,but the dealers post on Sundays also.

I search for certian vehicles maybe try keywords that may help people find your ads

Like Chevy, muscle car, low rider, Impala, 4 speed, whatever applies and some that don't

flag flag flag, thats about all you can do. Heck, I flag everything! haha, seriously though, I hate keywords and I flag people that put those in when its not relevant to their product, ie putting mopar in the keywords when your selling a sb chevy intake

A seperate catagory for dealers would be great, but dealers would just lie (what, car dealers lie?) and post as individuals. There used to be a car salesman who lived on my street and he always had a car for sale in his yard. Every week a different car with some BS shoe polish price on the window. I was so glad when he moved! Now I always search by model or price just to avoid dealers on CL. Even that doesn't always work - how can you put $1 in the title of your ad when you are selling a new Toyota???

I'm with you. Lets form an angry, pitchfork and torch totin' mob and find this Craig guy!

I don't like this either, but the thing that gets to me the most is when car salesmen contact me offering to help sell the car (they just want to do it for their own benefit, you barely get anything out of the deal).

Flag em, I think it takes two flags from different people, at least flag it as miss classified. Keep on flagging, they are probably flagging your ad.

-
Back