Not open for further replies.

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I bought a set of roller rockers with the intention of using them on my EQ heads now and being able to reuse them when I upgrade to edelbrock heads later. I bought this Crane cams stud kit, installed it and realized that the aluminum rockers I have won't work. Instead of buying ANOTHER set of rockers I decided to go ahead and just buy aluminum heads now and be done with it. Instructions say to use a 6.812 pushrod. 60's Ford 302 use a 6.804 pushrod and are cheaply and readily available. I feel that .008 wasn't enough to make a difference. So I also have a new set of melling 6.804 pushrods.

Crane has a few recommended rockers in the instructions that should work just fine on a magnum head. This kit also fits small block Ford's. I paid $122 for the kit at summit less than a month ago. Asking $100 shipped. And $30 extra for the pushrods. There's some assembly grease on the guides from being installed but never used or ran. Located in Oklahoma City.
20180930_112206.jpg
20180930_112241.jpg

Will these work on a stock Magnum heads? I've built lots of LA small blocks, this is my first Magnum and have been learning a lot. Already have the hydraulic roller cam and getting ready to ordered the Hughes valve spring kit part #1199. It sounds like I need guides also.

Will these work on a stock Magnum heads? I've built lots of LA small blocks, this is my first Magnum and have been learning a lot. Already have the hydraulic roller cam and getting ready to ordered the Hughes valve spring kit part #1199. It sounds like I need guides also.

Yes, this kit is meant to be used on stock magnum heads. The kit has guides and studs in it. You will just need the correct crane or comp rockers. This kit is crane part number 36655-16 if you want to look into it.

No. Stock magnum rockers have the guides "built in". They are a pedestal mount design. And the guide/bar keeps the rockers aligned.

This stud/guide kit is if you want to use an adjustable roller rocker.

I might have a set of stock used magnum rockers laying around if you are interested.

I've got a bunch of stock parts and accessories. I'm pulling the Hughes low mileage EQ 2.02/1.62 heads off and the Hughes .539/.549 218/222 duration cam out to go bigger. But my dad has claimed those! He might back out on them though. Anything specific you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back