crank casting

-
Is this a forged or cast unit and is it a small or big block crank?If you can post the main journal size that will tell right away what the crank is,Mrmopartech.
If its a small block:The MJ is 2.50 or smaller for a 318&340.A 360 has a 2.81 MJ.Rod journal is the small for all small blocks,@2.125 for 273,318,340,360.Do you have any idea of what year the motor is,Mrmopartech

the block has a 92 cast #. 2.80 is main 2.12 is rod I know it is a 360 cause that is what i took it out of. I want to know if it is cast or forge and internal or external balance and also year

you can post the serial number of the block and its production date to be sure of the unit,and any secondaru codes on the deck surface in front of the head.A cast crank has a 1/8 parting line running down the crank,the forged unit is about a 1" wide,cast crank is darker in color than the forged.What you have is a 92 360 motor with a cast crank and its externally balanced.Check most spec sheets for the average C/R for these motors,most will be around 9:0/1,Mrmopartech

93toyota said:
wow, 76 people viewed this thread and no one can help

76 views does not mean 76 DIFFERENT people viewed the thread. It is a running total of the number of times the thread has been opened, including the times you yourself have opened it.

If you post the casting number for the heads you have, I am sure someone can do a google search for you and get the cc's.

all 360's were cast cranks. every year... all external balanced...

got a casting number for the head? you can look it up alot easier!

-
Back