Crank Pulley????

-

Jlcaptain24

Reaction score
I'm attempting to reuse my crank pulley that originally came on my "industrial" 440 that had a cast crank. My new crank is forged with the appropriate dampener.

The bolt holds don't line up. Check the pick out. I shifted the pulley around multiple times thinking the holes are offset so it only goes on one way...no dice. What gives??

Attachments

• 20160312_173306.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 98
Some pulleys had symmetrical bolt pattern, one had offset. Just egg/oval out the one hole that doesn't quite line up and you can get it on with all the bolts...

View attachment 1714880418

LOL...Thanks for highlighting the offender!! That's definitely the quickest solution....truth be told, I have other concerns with the whole pulley arrangement. I have the Original crank pulley, water pump pulley , and PS pulley. I'll be putting aftermarket (Classic Air) AC on the car as well.

My water pump/housing is from 440source.com. I'm starting to get concerned about everything lining up. I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill....but things just look hokey as is. Particularly the water pump pulley....it touches the water pump bolts when fully seated (correction....BEFORE being fully seated.). Also....the crank pulley has 3 grooves. I think that's a motorhome thing for two belts to the alternator. I dunno.

Attachments

• 20160312_180822.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20160312_180832.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 99
-
Back