Crank Question, what should I do?

-

dodgetkboy78

EDELBROCK HEADS SUCK!
Reaction score
My Chrysler marine 360 broke a crank, right at the last rod journal, anyone know of a good quality crank to put in the 360? Or should I just pull one of my cranks out and stuff it in?

I would pull the crank out and see if its the same maching ends as a car crank ,if so install a nother one,check clearances and go for it,mrmopartech

I am still trying to figure out if the backwards engine uses the same crank..........

Marine guys aren't as bright as car guys.

The only things I'm aware of that was different on the marine engines was the reverse rotation cam, the crank seals, and the pin offset in the pistons. A 360 crank is a 360 crank and it really don't care which direction it turns.

I am still trying to figure out if the backwards engine uses the same crank..........

Marine guys aren't as bright as car guys.
If the firing order is 12756348 (I think I didn't screw that up) it should be the same crank as long as the rear flange is compatible.

What about the oil pump? Isn't an oil pump directional?
Oil pumps are directional. I'm not sure if there's a specific pump for this application or something else is in the equation. The only marine engine I've ever dealt with beyond tune-up stuff was a Brand X unit. If memory serves correctly, it had a reverse-rotation camshaft (2-gear drive) that took care of some of the weirdness (trying to push the distributor out, etc).

Log in to Iboats.com. Those guys know it all, and will help, just like in here.Go to inboard/outboard, to start.

-
Back