Crank window problem

-

dcoore

Reaction score
I haven’t played much with windows so I’m not to sure where to begin to look for problems. The window rolls down fine but going up about half way it’s very difficult and feels like some thing is binding. the window also goes crooked at this point. The first photo is of a roller that doesnt always roll. The last is a bracket I found laying inside the door. not sure where it belongs
IMG_8043.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8046.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

If you have a service manual it should show everthing you need to help.

If you have a service manual it should show everthing you need to help.
I sprayed some penetrating oil on every thing in there and when I came back it seems to be moving easier. My guess is the grease on the nylon? Slides is dried or those are in need of replacement. Just thought maybe some one could see some thing looking off in the photos.

IIRC, the bracket in your last photo is a guide for the door release rod that goes from the inside release to the door latch.

I sprayed some penetrating oil on every thing in there and when I came back it seems to be moving easier. My guess is the grease on the nylon? Slides is dried or those are in need of replacement. Just thought maybe some one could see some thing looking off in the photos.
And playing with it today I can feel rubbing as I spin the handle. I’m thinking the widow is coming out.

-
Back