Crankcase Breather Element

-

1970Dart198

Reaction score
Hello,

I took a look at my Crankcase breather element/filter. It was extremely dirty with a lot of gunk in it.

I decided to replace the part, as it is a simple remove-and-replace job. I bought a FRAM crankcase Air Filter from RockAuto.com. When I went to install it, I noticed there were two connections. One from the Air cleaner housing to the Crankcase breather, and another one from the Crankcase breather to metal hose linking down and below the firewall.

Two questions:

Am I OK with the FRAM Crankcase element that I have now (with only the one connection to the Air Filter housing)?

Where does this second hose lead to? Its a rubber hose going from the breather element to a metal hose down and behind the firewall under the car.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not certain, but if it's a metal line running back under your car, it may be your fuel tank vent. But that line is supposed to go to your charcoal canister (at least it does on a 1972).

Please add a picture, of course telling us year make and model helps too, so does wether or not the car has california emissions.

-
Back