Crap....

-
I hope they do honour the deal....I have a steering box on order, and it will probably be 6 months all up by the time I receive it.

I hope that Summit pack it nicely. :)

I'm betting it will arrive just fine, even South of the Equator. I'm a Jeep guy an get stuff from ARB without an issue. ;)

Who remembers the little ads in Car Craft or Hot Rod mag that Summit used to place back in the early 70's? You know, the small ads that were a simple black rectangle with white lettering. I looked forward to seeing those little ads each month.. That's what got me started at Summit as I lived near Akron and they were just a little storefront downtown. Literally just a tiny place. I was just growing up and had no $$ but I would go and drool looking at stuff in their little store. One time I got some money saved up and made a huge purchase...an Accel Super coil!! And I still have it...it's an antique like me...
Then they moved out of downtown to a small warehouse and I'd buy whatever I could from them. Sam, a big fella, would help you at the counter. Then the warehouse expanded as they kept growing. I moved away and they built the palace they have in Tallmadge not far from that warehouse. Then the internet and their growth with the other giant palaces rhey built around the country. So I literally watched them grow from a little storefront to the dominant business they are today. I'd like to say they have the position they have because of the customer-first policies they operate by. I'll bet some of you watched the same thing.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled issue of that damaged oil pan. Let's see how @ramcharger makes out with the replacement.

Who remembers the little ads in Car Craft or Hot Rod mag that Summit used to place back in the early 70's? You know, the small ads that were a simple black rectangle with white lettering. I looked forward to seeing those little ads each month.. That's what got me started at Summit as I lived near Akron and they were just a little storefront downtown. Literally just a tiny place. I was just growing up and had no $$ but I would go and drool looking at stuff in their little store. One time I got some money saved up and made a huge purchase...an Accel Super coil!! And I still have it...it's an antique like me...
Then they moved out of downtown to a small warehouse and I'd buy whatever I could from them. Sam, a big fella, would help you at the counter. Then the warehouse expanded as they kept growing. I moved away and they built the palace they have in Tallmadge not far from that warehouse. Then the internet and their growth with the other giant palaces rhey built around the country. So I literally watched them grow from a little storefront to the dominant business they are today. I'd like to say they have the position they have because of the customer-first policies they operate by. I'll bet some of you watched the same thing.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled issue of that damaged oil pan. Let's see how @ramcharger makes out with the replacement.

I remember having to mail order from PAW. Performance Automotive Wholesale and visiting Super Shops, about an hour drive away. Man, those were the days.

Got my oil pan and looks perfect, no shipping damage whatsoever and it showed up well packed and double boxed. I'll do a leak test this weekend and let you all know about fitment in the near future.

-
Back