Craziest/Stupidest/Most Intersting Way You've Moved An Engine?

-
Do what you have to,man.Rebuilt the 22r,in the family Toyota truck,years back. Unemployed,no money. Used 2x8's ,in the rafters,and a come along.Feisty in and out,did the job though.

Do what you have to,man.Rebuilt the 22r,in the family Toyota truck,years back. Unemployed,no money. Used 2x8's ,in the rafters,and a come along.Feisty in and out,did the job though.

Had a friend back in NJ that was restoring a 66 427 Vette. We used the above to lift the body off of the frame and get the motor out of the frame. We put the car back together the same way.

OK YOU WIN!!! LOL

attachment.php
yep, that one wins. Didn't know they made a Doubledeckerduster

I've had these aluminum equipment ramps for a while. They're used for getting things like landscaping mowers and such into the back of a trailer.
I used to get an engine block on the ground and get a hand truck under it, then lash the block to the hand cart with a tie down or something. I put the ramps up to the bumper of my Cherokee or bed or the bed of one of my old trucks. I'd sit on the bumper and pull the hand truck with the block on it up the ramps. Did many engines this way back and forth from wherever. getting them out sucked but I managed.

-
Back