Crazy Couple of Weeks! Gained A Mopar, Lost A Mopar

-

MobileCustoms

Reaction score
And all I can is thank God for airbags and seat belts and that they all performed as they were intended to and my daughter was able to walk away from a pretty bad accident.

First of all, about 10 days ago, I flew down to Austin, Texas to see some old friends and I bought a really clean 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with all the bells and whistles and it also has a 5.7 Hemi. I was feeling very happy, I even put some new graphics on it...
:blob:
View attachment IMG_20150205_241756_312.jpg

Fast forward to this last Sunday around noon when I got the call that my daughter was involved in a pretty bad accident while driving her 2008 Dodge Avenger. Scared the sh*t outta me and I raced to the scene (at least I still know my crappy old Astro van can still do a hundred).
But, other than being really sore all over and generally beat up inside, she is OK. The car can be replaced.
View attachment IMGP0210 - Copy.jpg

View attachment IMGP0213.jpg

Had her checked out at the emergency room and she took a couple of days off work to get through the worst pain of the pain and soreness. She is currently in a rental car (a 2013 Chrysler 200) which she is digging. Needless to say, her car is a total loss. I believe she has become an official Mopar girl as she is already looking at other Mopars for her next vehicle... Maybe a Charger or another Avenger, we shall see.

Thanking my lucky stars that I am not reporting MUCH worse news. It's crazy how fast everything can change in the blink of an eye!

-Happy Dad

Doug

Attachments

• IMGP0216 - Copy.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMGP0214.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 163
Glad to hear she is ok, scary stuff, cars can be replaced , people can't!

.................Have to agree with Keith on this one......u just never know when the unexpexted will happen...........kim.........

Glad to hear she just received minor injuries, could've been much worse! Glad to hear she's OK!! Guess you gotta give her the Cherokee now huh??? :)

Guess you gotta give her the Cherokee now huh??? :)

She was eyeing that thing up as soon and she was back on feet a couple days after the crash!

Might have to make another trip south, it sure beats buying a used car from the rusty, crusty state of Minnesnowta.

Glad she's OK. Hope she feels better soon. Good that she had a mopar with the good airbags. Our daughter had similar accident back 15 years ago before airbag. She suffered bad neck injuries that still bother her. Anyway airbags plus seatbelts saved the day.

-
Back