Crazy storm!

-
Man I got up there yesterday and cut the tree off the house and threw all the branches off the roof it was horrible and I was there for 10 15 mins tops no way I can do it all day especially the edges I'm fine in the center but the edges I cant do
Yeah, anyway you need to hire the roofing out and get back to the car!

Yeah, anyway you need to hire the roofing out and get back to the car!
I worked my *** off today cutting wood and chucking brush and still managed to spray my clear coat today! Haha I got at 8 am and went to town got a saw and was cutting by 10 worked on it till around 2 then took a break sprayed my clear took a 30 mins break sprayed the 2nd coat then was back to work on the brush around 3 and did that till around 7 I am exhausted lol

Rent some scaffolding and put it up around the edges. It’s not expensive and gives you a nice stable platform to stand on around the edges.

I don’t like heights either, hate working on ladders...but with scaffolding around it’s like adding a nice deck around the edges to stand on.
Yea I dont latters at all. I thought that heights would be one of those fears I outgrew but it seems to have gotten worse lol. My wife was laughing her butt off at me yesterday I started going up the latter and my knees was shaking so uncontrollably bad the latter was clicking and clanging and I was only 3 runs up haha so literally 2 foot off the ground haha. I cant control it it's one of those things I can explain. Once I make the transition and I'm on the roof in the center on solid ground I'm fine. It's just the edge of the roof and the climb and decline that gets me. The transition from roof to latter is pretty terrible too. Haha

The insurance company should pay for any tree removal for a tree that hits a building.

I'd recommend a Stihl MS250 for an all around chain saw. It comes with a 16'' bar and is great for cutting 12" or smaller. It does bigger stuff, but a little slower. Buy a gallon of 40:1 premixed gasoline. [about $10]. For storage; pour out the old gas and fill with the $10 stuff and run it for a couple of minutes. It will last 1 to 2 years before the carb gums up. Also, buy the correct Stihl file/holder guide. It is cad plated flat steel with angle marks stamped into it. [.325, I think]. And an extra chain.
I was gonna get the 250 and it was sold out so I went bigger and got the 271 farm boss. I thought about getting the small one the 170 it was on sale for 159 but it looked like junk tbh the teeth behind the bar was plastic and it was only 30 cc I figured this big stuff would bog it down bad. Hopefully no more than I cut this farm boss will last me the rest of my life. When I'm to old I can pass it down to my son's. I had a stihl 081 iirc that was my grandfathers I used it on bigger stuff that my poulan couldn't handle. But my dad got it.

I think you made the right choice. The 271 is about a pound heavier and has 10% more power than the 250. Never heard of an 081. But my neighbor has an 031 that is a little bigger than yours, and is 30 years old. He 'stihl' loves it.

I think you made the right choice. The 271 is about a pound heavier and has 10% more power than the 250. Never heard of an 081. But my neighbor has an 031 that is a little bigger than yours, and is 30 years old. He 'stihl' loves it.
031 that's it I believe. It's been 10 years since I had that saw but I believe that's it. It was a monster. It would work you to death tho. It ain't got nothing on these new ones. This new one starts with one pull and idles perfectly and cuts like butter.

God luck with your ins. co. and roof claims.
I have always hated heights but got better with time (Took 60 odd years maybe?). Now I am old and woreout and hard to even climb the ladder. Like mentioned, that scaffold would help a lot. Metal roofs last so much longer but in the sticks there can be issues with the cell. Always find a metal roof co. locally that make their own from rolls.

I have always hated heights but got better with time (Took 60 odd years maybe?). Now I am old and woreout and hard to even climb the ladder. Like mentioned, that scaffold would help a lot. Metal roofs last so much longer but in the sticks there can be issues with the cell. Always find a metal roof co. locally that make their own from rolls.
There is a metal roof company that makes and sells it like 5 miles from my house it's a little family operation amish or menanight owned they seem like good people. I may have them quote it.

Back in Missouri I got my roof metal from a Mininite family. I never knew a bad one of them.
I think that's what they are is mininite (I dont know the correct spelling for that sorry)
They seem like really good people

That scaffold didnt help me much at 40 ft in the air , hanging 8-12'' cast iron roof drain lines , WAS SKEERD !!

-
Back