Creeping dipstick on /6?

-

jwsjp90

Reaction score
74 Dart Sport 225 /6 1bbl. I'm getting oil all over driver side of engine compartment (under hood, tip of the air cleaner, and power steering lines) can't seem to figure out why? I had somebody else work the throttle while I watched and it appeared that maybe the dipstick creeps under load? Anybody else ever had this happen? The heat riser also look oil soaked too.

My old Ford 6 cyl truck did that. I'm sure there are other things that can cause this,but in that case it was a crack in a cyl. wall.

74 Dart Sport 225 /6 1bbl. I'm getting oil all over driver side of engine compartment (under hood, tip of the air cleaner, and power steering lines) can't seem to figure out why? I had somebody else work the throttle while I watched and it appeared that maybe the dipstick creeps under load? Anybody else ever had this happen? The heat riser also look oil soaked too.
if your pvc system is not working or clogged you force any blow by or pressure out of the dipstick tube or out the breather . make sure your pvc is in good working order and not obstructed going to the carburetor . i believe the only other thing it could be is blow by from the crankcase from the rings going bye-bye

-
Back