• Hang it on a wall in the shop

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Make a clock out of it.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Restore it

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
-
I voted to restore it, But only of you have the time in the winter and have not done it before.

Some of mine were crispy like that and I bead blasted mine to remove contaminants and used pc-7. they all came out nice. on my next one I used a member on this sites idea that he posted on making a jig (DUH) I never though about that for sanding the grips and did those by hand (sucked and took forever) I could have saved at least 4 hours sanding. I have done 2 more Mopars, 1 54 Bentley and 2 60's lincolns since this one and did make a jig saving tons of work. Now I understand why they charge big $$$ to do steering wheels. time and labor
View attachment 1714995447

View attachment 1714995444

View attachment 1714995443
So what car exactly is the brown wheel for? I have never seen one like that before.

Matt: I bought a 68 and restored it for my 67. The 67 I did not use us yours if you want it. It is imminently repairable from what I have seen about steering wheel repair and way better shape than yours!
DR-----------------------------:)

Hi DR,

I bought a repop wheel, and a really nice horn ring off sedanman. I'm good to go. Thank you for the offer though.

Matt

20161125_165349.jpg

Last edited:
So what car exactly is the brown wheel for? I have never seen one like that before.

66 dart GT convertible. I was stuck at home and unable to stand for long and that is what I figured I could fix "following the doctors orders" sort of.

I started modding the spokes on the crispy wheel pitted to heck horn ring. I didnt chop up the one with the good chrome. Trying to give the stock wheel a bit of a european look. Whatcha think?

20161125_115204.jpg

20161125_164937.jpg

-
Back