Critique my combo

-

drtybttr

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting together a 340 for my 1973 dodge dart sport on a college kid budget. Its intended to be my daily driver and not a show or 10 second drag car. I just know all you guys like to give your opinions and I'm just looking for some constructive criticism, I just want something solid and reliable, nothing exotic. So here it goes:

.040 340 block
New cam bearings&soft plugs
Reground crank
Full Floating Rods
.040 cast pistons
cast rings
Comp Thumpr cam&lifters
comp push rods
J heads rebuilt 1.88 1.60
Stock rockers & shafts
Double roller timing chain
New Oil Pump
New water pump
New fuel pump
Edelbrock rpm air gap intake
holley 750 vac sec and elect choke
Stock exhaust manifolds (I'd run headers but I have power steering and power brakes)

Stock trans
Stock 8.25 rear (unsure of ratio)

Having been there, done that back in college, I would just get it running with what you have and work on making power after school....that's what I did. My Barracuda was my daily driver all the way through school (318/727). I had the itch to make it go fast my Jr year, so I saved up and added a nitrous plate system to it...this got me through school. After college I made the bigger changes.

If what you have listed is what you have, it will work, just run it and enjoy.

there are headers that will fit your car... the intake manifold you chose is a good piece although in cold weather, cold starts might be a bit tricky but with good tuning not really a problem and overall in my opinion not a big deal

-
Back