cross-country parts transactions

-
I have bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of parts over the years on all of the Mopar websites,ebay and such and its always payment first and then the parts are sent.
Would you sell that STR12 and send it out before you got the $$$$?I know that I wouldn't sell mine until the $$$$ was in my hands.
Doug

i have done good on here,but i only buy from members that i have known to be on this site for a good while.have no problem handing over money first.for the most part we have a very honest community here.and if you arent you get called out.:director:

i have done good on here,but i only buy from members that i have known to be on this site for a good while.have no problem handing over money first.for the most part we have a very honest community here.and if you arent you get called out.:director:
Very well said:thumleft:
plus a member might live nearby,just sayin:glasses7:

I bought my 67 Barracuda last April and joined here last Sept. partially at the urging of a friend who is a member here (fstfish) and partially to be able to buy stuff for my car.

So far I have bought about $1300 worth of stuff from people in Conn. Penn. Maryland and Texas. In every case I sent out a postal MO first, then received the parts. Some of the people I talked with on the phone, all of them I PMed back and forth, telling them I sent MO, them in turn giving me tracking numbers. In one instance member fstfish helped me out by picking the parts up (8 3/4 housing, axle shafts and backing plates) and shipped them to me since the seller would not. Everyone has been straightup in these dealings, no problems at all, the parts were as described.

The only thing that has happened which was not really a problem only an annoyance was that someone I PMed saying I wanted to buy his parts didn't bother to reply at all then listed the stuff as still for sale a few days later. A little courtesy and consideration goes a long ways, and it seems to be something that there is less and less of these days.

I have been buying and selling stuff through Hemmings, Old Cars Weekly and when it still existed Tradin' Times for 30+ years and have not had any problems by being straightup and honest with people, just how I want to be treated in return.

Gary

Thanks for all the feedback! more is certainly welcome. I am surprised that there isn't more use of UPS COD. The fee is $11 over shipping, the buyer is sure that he at least received something from the seller, and the seller knows the package isn't released without payment and a postal money oder can be specified. It seems like the ideal win-win situation

Does this person you speak of have a feedback score?? If you are concerned and they do, look at the feedback and you could even PM a couple of the buyers for some input.

I have bought items several times on here and never an issue.

If someone was going to jack you, even COD isn't foolproof. You have to pay before the ups guy gives you the package. So you pay the UPS guy, open the package and find the brick that was sent to you.

Plus as a seller, I'm not eating an additional fee if you decide to refuse the package. BTDT!

There is no perfect solution unless you are face to face, inspect and pay for your item.

Like Rob said call Target, Wal-mart, whoever and ask them to send something COD and see what happens. Most likely they'll tell you no. If it's someone I don't know I ask their name and google it and see what pops up. You'd be surprised what'll pop up on a simple google search.

You guys that think PayPal is it are in for a rude surprise someday. PayPal isn't what it's cracked up to be. 2-3 yrs. ago I bought a mirror from a guy here on FABO and he never sent it and wouldn't answer e-mails or PM's so I filed a claim with PayPal. Guess what they said! That user has closed his PayPal account so there's nothing we can do to reclaim your money. All they care about is making their fees. Good thing it was only $40

If someone was going to jack you, even COD isn't foolproof. You have to pay before the ups guy gives you the package. So you pay the UPS guy, open the package and find the brick that was sent to you.

Plus as a seller, I'm not eating an additional fee if you decide to refuse the package. BTDT!

There is no perfect solution unless you are face to face, inspect and pay for your item.

Well said Rob

-
Back