Cross Ram carburetors

-

340_duster

Reaction score
What are the differences in a 4235 and a 4236 carburetor , in other words what makes one a left hand carb and the other a right hand carb?

What are the differences in a 4235 and a 4236 carburetor , in other words what makes one a left hand carb and the other a right hand carb?
Yes one is a right and the other is a left. I believe the 4235 is the right. The cross ram carbs open in the opposite direction, they push open rather than pull.

Last edited:
They are left and right with different P#:s because they are jetted differently...

They are left and right with different P#:s because they are jetted differently...

well, I guess it is my language and grammar...
What I´m trying to say is, one carburetor has one set of jettings, and the other carburetor has another set of jettings, if you see what I mean... that´s way they have different list and part numbers...
Thanks

well, I guess it is my language and grammar...
What I´m trying to say is, one carburetor has one set of jettings, and the other carburetor has another set of jettings, if you see what I mean... that´s way they have different list and part numbers...
Thanks
Thanks for the explanation. I always thought is was the linkage that was different.

It has to do with the way the intake is made. I use the word plenum or interconnection area, not sure of what word you use of the "box" under carbs...

So you are telling me the intake runners are different on the intake ?
I still can't phantom the reason that two identical carbs on an intake run different jets. I only ask because I have a six pack on my car and started to run with that idea (as they are different) but for different reasons from what I know.
I would really like an explanation for this set up and if possible the pros and cons to the set up from those that have run such a set up.

SSing..Thank for your deeply no less.
Do you happen to have SS CAR ?
They truly are amazing creatures...one up this way..Montreal, Canada..that's an original one from what was told via NY to Edmonton and finally resting here ( owner passed away and then his son passed away) so it was not restored...as that was supposed to be the plan from what I gathered and now the wife/mother had or sitting in their garage...
(Wanted something close 75,000) but the original motor is not in the car...again more details, the man who has the engine is using it or West (Alberta) but dog say that if he retired from racing be would be willing to sell it to the person who has the car...as he was friends with the owner and wants the engine to go back to that car, The Hemi in that car now was his, as they had swapped engines..because of some engine problems one of the two had,I don't recall that part that well and then the guy just continued with that engine and the rest is your typical folklore..
Thanks.
MAPS

Cool story, thanks for sharing.
I´m building a SS/B Barracuda witch is basically a as delivered car with some added racing stuff.
The jetting was most likely a result of test and tune sessions Chrysler had with this set up, and is different along the way these intakes were modified.
As for the 6-pack I have no experience. Always been a fan of this set up and there are a few (SB) around here, who run them.
I have som #:s from my DC Catalog (70´s) but I suppose you already have those.
Thanks

Cool story, thanks for sharing.
I´m building a SS/B Barracuda witch is basically a as delivered car with some added racing stuff.
The jetting was most likely a result of test and tune sessions Chrysler had with this set up, and is different along the way these intakes were modified.
As for the 6-pack I have no experience. Always been a fan of this set up and there are a few (SB) around here, who run them.
I have som #:s from my DC Catalog (70´s) but I suppose you already have those.
Thanks

Yes I do but it's always nice also yappingaway with others that have the same interests as yourself.

On the six pack matter, have had them for yrs and always have to be on guard with them but I like them, a lot ! Unfortunately these let cpl of weeks was dealing with a power vacuum booster that really screwed with the carbs ( no vacuum) and not was out running shyt....so bad that I was worried is blow another power valve like last yr....but all seems well...for now ...I'll know better come Friday when they work in changing from power to manual brakes.
Time will tell...

Best of luck with the Barracuda build, pictures works be appreciated if you can..pm if you like.
MAPS

-
Back