Crosswind Intakes

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the crosswind intakes you see on Ebay? They have an airgap model for $150. Junk or what? Thanks Jeff

Chinese knock-off of the Edelbrock Airgap. Cheaper when they don't have to do any r&d, just copy a manifold that works! I won't buy one, but there are people who have used them with good results.

Crosswinds,no thanks.Edelbrock is the only way to go for the air-gap..

Thanks for your responses. No Chinese parts for my car. Jeff

Yea pay the extra few dollars too the man that has designed and built them from scratch,,vic edelbrock..I can't see sending my american dollars to /,.;'][/,[]'in china.. If they put any paint dabs on it anywhere it will have lead in,,you want your kids around that,,LOL.

I have a CrossWind on my 360.

Yes they are made in China just like most of the parts you buy for your engine these days. However they are not a knock of the Air-Gap. I have seen the Crosswind side by side with the Edelbrock Air-Gap and other than the opening under the plenum they are as different as two intakes for the same engine can be. As a matter of fact the finish on the casting of the Crosswind is better than the Air Gap.

These manifolds are designed by Professional Products out of CA. They even have one for Oldsmobile engines, something Edelbrock does not have.

As far as which one is better until I see a back to back comparison I will reserve judgement.

They maybe designed in California but they're MADE IN CHINA!!!..:puke:

upp and thats probably where your keybord is made also](*,) a
keep on beating that dead horse

Your absolutely right,but seeing as every electronic device is made overseas there's really nothing i can do about it..but if i can buy"MADE IN AMERICA" I DO EVERYTIME...:salut:

Your absolutely right,but seeing as every electronic device is made overseas there's really nothing i can do about it..but if i can buy"MADE IN AMERICA" I DO EVERYTIME...:salut:

Well said brother !!!!!!!!

i don't have any china crap on mine,,american dollar for american parts,,probally want be doable in the future though as all manufacturing jobs will go to the "cheapest" labor force...hey its good for america though,,thats what i hear anyway,,but i just can't see the light,,i must be a dumb a$$........designed in california puts how many americans to work..

As far as crosswind being better,,i saw in one of the mopar rags a few months ago and steve dulich worked with one and he reported huge differences from port to port,,though with his grinder and flow bench he made it work quite well,,the edelbrocks are usually within 5-10 cfm of each other,,not 50-60 cfm as the copy is,,wayne

i don't have any china crap on mine,,american dollar for american parts,,probally want be doable in the future though as all manufacturing jobs will go to the "cheapest" labor force...hey its good for america though,,thats what i hear anyway,,but i just can't see the light,,i must be a dumb a$$........designed in california puts how many americans to work..

As far as crosswind being better,,i saw in one of the mopar rags a few months ago and steve dulich worked with one and he reported huge differences from port to port,,though with his grinder and flow bench he made it work quite well,,the edelbrocks are usually within 5-10 cfm of each other,,not 50-60 cfm as the copy is,,wayne

then it isnt a copy if there is such big diferences and i would gues that many of you have a japdesign ministarter?
dont whant to stirr the pot but
dont like the chinese crap either but i am realy sooo sick of reading "that stuff is chinese" instead of if the products are any good or bad or whatever.....
hey thinking of it that piece of chinese enginering may make more power than the piece of s*** american made and designed holley stripdominator intake manifold i have that cant distribute fuel even close to right..... or the american printed catalogs wish lists dodge challanger as a carmodel already in 63 or the oxygensensor fittings that says made in USA on the cardboard and the outside of the plastick is stamped asembled in mexico do i have to keep on flaming stupid american stuff also? hey i have seen lots of more stuff so stupid you probably cant even understand it thats made in usa if you whant to hear about it?

then it isnt a copy if there is such big diferences and i would gues that many of you have a japdesign ministarter?
dont whant to stirr the pot but
dont like the chinese crap either but i am realy sooo sick of reading "that stuff is chinese" instead of if the products are any good or bad or whatever.....
hey thinking of it that piece of chinese enginering may make more power than the piece of s*** american made and designed holley stripdominator intake manifold i have that cant distribute fuel even close to right..... or the american printed catalogs wish lists dodge challanger as a carmodel already in 63 or the oxygensensor fittings that says made in USA on the cardboard and the outside of the plastick is stamped asembled in mexico do i have to keep on flaming stupid american stuff also? hey i have seen lots of more stuff so stupid you probably cant even understand it thats made in usa if you whant to hear about it?

**** you swedick fag :yawinkle:

yeah waynebo i think you went a little to far hes intitled to his own opinion too as well as you are but thats pretty messed up on your part.

im gonna use this intake... becasue its the only intake that lets you switch from magnum heads to LA heads and im just going to port the ports to match the heads becasue i heard they are a little smaller then the RPM intake

well that may not have come out realy right its hard to show what you mean over a keyboard and in a diferent language, what iam trying to say is that im so sick of all the replys everywhere about how crappy the chinese stuff is and people stating they are just copys in the same sentence as they prove that its not a copy......
how come that its so hard to tell people real hard facts about what makes the american made stuff so much better? hey there may be a big flow diference but how big of a diference does it make on the track,how big diference does it make on a dyno? how much longer will it last? wish will have better responsiveness on the street?
i do understand the fact that you dont like sending money to a comunistdiktactor.... but make it clear what makes the stuff less usefull instead of just that bullshit i keep on reading all over the internet..
and to be fair, i dont see a problem with the dual mounting patterns i think its a smart move to save money both in manufacturing and for the end customer and i cant se a problem in removing not neaded holes or atackmentpoints, that has to bee done all the time anyway with universal highperf stuff......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back