Cub Cadet Walk Mower ?????

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Hey.......this thing has a black fuel line that runs directly from the tank outlet to the inlet of the carb......The mower starts right up with a prime, BUT stalls right out when that little bit of gas is gone.......

There's no inline filter.......is there a small screen in that carb inlet, or one at the tank outlet that might be plugged?

The carb is so small that there doesn't seem to be any space for a filter or screen......thought about the needle, maybe a piece of sand in there or something.....Just don't know what to try......Oil is at correct level, so it's not a safety shutdown...air filter is removed to clean it so it ain't air flow......It gets a little gas with the bulb primer......But just burns it up and stalls out.

WHAT SHOULD I CHECK? Gotta be fuel lack at some point.........

Does the black line go into the tank or hook on the top? I have a go kart for the grandkids that the black line goes into a hole (tight fit) on top of the fuel tank and has a screen/filter on the end inside the tank. My black line was split and would prime but not run.

If it is a rubber line it could be cracked and sucking air. Had that happen to my mower one time. Changed out the line and it worked again.

Sounds like the carb bowl has condensation /water in it.
That will keep the gas from making it to the bowl and it will not pick up water Tom.
I have a cubcadet selfpulling and it would do the same thing.
Some time you can choke it at a high rev's and it will suck it out of there but most likely it's the moisture in the carb bowl that is keeping the gas from filling and traveling though your intake
Hope this help's Tom

Well, it probably will......I know when my smallest generator doesn't want to start, I have to drain the carb.......after that, she takes off.......I guess I'd better git' in there and do the dirty work.......probably needs a good drainin'........

If you take the line off the carb, will it drip gas out? Take the hose off all the way and make sure it is not plugged. Some of those hoses (depending on how old it is) get messes up with the alcohol in the gas and will eventually swell and gum up inside.

Drained the float and it started right up and ran like a champ.

I should've just done that first....Usually the culprit......

Drained the float and it started right up and ran like a champ.

I should've just done that first....Usually the culprit......

I am sooooo happy for ya Tom :cheers:, Know what are you going to tell the wife why the lawn can't be mowed :toothy10::toothy10:

-
Back