CUBS WIN WORLD SERIES!!!

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
After being down in the series 3-1, the Cubs battled back and won the World Series after a Game 7 win of 8-7 over the Indians! I have seen enough to know I've seen too much!

EDIT: And yes, I know there's another thread on the Cubs/Indians World Series. I just wanted to see CUBS WIN as the thread title!

Yep they showed so much grit it was amazing. 2nd best WS game Ive seen. Best for me was 1st Jays win with Joe Carter walk off hr.

Best World Series in 20 years! Who else but the Cubs & Indians would go rain delay in extra innings in game 7,of the World Series? Gotta love it!.....

Congratulations Cubs & Cubs fans,
C

Even though I an a Cardinals fan I am glad to see they won this. It was well deserved after a very well played season and series but I did start to think Maddon blew it when he pulled Hendricks out so soon.

Even though I an a Cardinals fan I am glad to see they won this. It was well deserved after a very well played season and series but I did start to think Maddon blew it when he pulled Hendricks out so soon.
Agreed. I was more mystified when he pulled Lester when he did. I thought Lester could have at lest finished the inning. But if he hadn't pulled Lester, Ross wouldn't have come in to hit his solo shot. And that one run made a big difference! So, you kind of have to weigh it on both sides. Ultimately, it paid off, but I was still calling Chapman some pretty dirty names when he blew the save!

cubs.jpg

If you want to go that direction:

Things that have happened in the 108 years between Cubs World Series wins:
  • Radio was invented
  • TV was invented
  • Baseball added 14 teams
  • George Burns celebrated his 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays
  • Halley's Comet passed Earth... twice
  • Harry Caray was born... and died
  • The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league
  • The Chicago White Sox became the only "second" team for a city to outdo its primary team
  • Man landed on the moon
  • Sixteen US presidents were elected
  • There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution
  • Prohibition was created, and repealed
  • The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of a major motion picture
  • Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field's roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down
  • A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics has been held
  • Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown
  • Bell bottoms came into style, went out of style, and came back into styl
  • The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins ALL won the World Series
  • Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the Union
All true!

Last edited:

• Radio was invented
  • TV was invented
  • George Burns celebrated his 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays
  • The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league
  • The Chicago White Sox became the only "second" team for a city to outdo its primary team
  • Man landed on the moon
  • The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of a major motion picture
  • Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down
  • The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins ALL won the World Series
All true!
And the cardinals won the World Series 11 times :poke:
Still glad to see them do it though. I do think if they can keep this team together they will be competitive for several more years.

And the cardinals won the World Series 11 times :poke:
Still glad to see them do it though. I do think if they can keep this team together they will be competitive for several more years.
As long as they have an administration that is willing to use its money to continually bring in younger, better, and brighter talent each year, they should be competitive well into the foreseeable future!

Longest drought now belongs to the Indians lol

Seriously..your Blowjays haven't won in TWENTY-FOUR YEARS!! It'll be another 24 before they do:lol::lol::lol:

To the TRUE Cubs fans(not the "bandwagon jumpers) congrats on your championship:usflag:

• Radio was invented
  • TV was invented
  • Man landed on the moon
  • Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field's roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down
All true!

And don't forget the Yankees won it all TWENTY-SEVEN TIMES!!

Oh so now you show up?? Lol
Over 70 years for the Tribe. 24 for the Jays and it was 108 for Cubbies. Lord you struggle with math(and so much more)...how do you function being so stupid?
Better luck next year to the Tribe and their true fans (not the bandwagon jumpers)
Seriously..your Blowjays haven't won in TWENTY-FOUR YEARS!! It'll be another 24 before they do:lol::lol::lol:

To the TRUE Cubs fans(not the "bandwagon jumpers) congrats on your championship:usflag:

Oh so now you show up?? Lol
Over 70 years for the Tribe. 24 for the Jays and it was 108 for Cubbies. Lord you struggle with math(and so much more)...how do you function being so stupid?
Better luck next year to the Tribe and their true fans (not the bandwagon jumpers)

I'll write this slowwwwwwwwwwwwly for you less fortunate people..never disputed your claim about the length of the Indians drought..just commenting on the Blowjays lack of winning the w.s...you know being the best in baseball something the Yankees have won FIVE times since the last time your lameass team has sniffed it:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Radio was invented
  • TV was invented
  • Man landed on the moon
All true!
And, the Cubs were set up to be the first team with lights. But that was right after the start of WWII and the team sold off the standards, (aluminum) for the war effort. And it was how many years before they finally got lights? They were the last team to get lights. And courtesy of a friend, I was at the first COMPLETE night game.

And, the Cubs were set up to be the first team with lights. But that was right after the start of WWII and the team sold off the standards, (aluminum) for the war effort. And it was how many years before they finally got lights? They were the last team to get lights. And courtesy of a friend, I was at the first COMPLETE night game.
I never knew that about the Cubs donating their material for the war effort. It happened just a day after Pearl Harbor was bombed. Sounds like P.K. Wrigley was a standup guy! However, I don't think they would have been the first to get lights. If I remember correctly, Cincinnati had lights at Crosley Field in 1935.

-
Back