`Cuda Capers: 7-1-07

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Had me a busy weekend playing with the car as I got alot done. I installed my new door lock set, FatMatted the inside of the roof, started to hang the headliner, bolted in the dash, and installed my 3/8" fuel line. I also test fitted where my fuel pump & filter are going to mount out back.
Barracuda319-vi.jpg

I decided on using the late model large bore aluminum master cylinder. I'm waiting for my engine compartment brake line kit to arrive. Once I install the brake lines, I can drop in the engine & trans. I have every thing done on the engine, it just has to go in.
Barracuda321-vi.jpg

3/8" Aluminum fuel line. This was not nearly the nightmare I thought it was going to be.
Barracuda322-vi.jpg

This is the factory routing I tried to copy. Looks better in person than from this angle....
Barracuda328-vi.jpg

This is where I'm thinking of mounting the pump & filter. I'll make a mounting bracket that will pull everything up higher. Although a minor fender-bender (God forbid...) puts me on a flatbed. Any suggestions on pump & filter mounting locations? It's tight ....
Barracuda335-vi.jpg

And we got a dashboard again! All I need now are those %$#@#$% rivets to arrive....
Barracuda336-vi.jpg

Yeah, this is becoming FUN again!

Barracuda319-vi.jpg

Barracuda319-vi.jpg

Barracuda321-vi.jpg

Barracuda321-vi.jpg

Barracuda322-vi.jpg

Barracuda322-vi.jpg

Barracuda328-vi.jpg

Barracuda328-vi.jpg

Barracuda335-vi.jpg

Barracuda335-vi.jpg

Barracuda336-vi.jpg

Barracuda336-vi.jpg

That car is going to be bad *** John ! Wish I just ordered a roll of fuel line instead of a pre bent kit. Still hasnt arrive.

Man!! That is looking good,:cheers: You sure know how to hurt a guy with out an A body.
This is just a thought about the fuel pump and filter loction.

Just inside the frame rail closer to the rearend.
yep you look like a happy builder john, congratulations:toothy10:

Hi John, Looks good.Tell me where did you get the dash????
Im desperatly looking for one.Ive been thinking of refurbing the old one with some mods but your looks great!!... Thanks,Dan 69 fastback 383 cuda

That car is going to be bad *** John ! Wish I just ordered a roll of fuel line instead of a pre bent kit. Still hasnt arrive.

I'm waiting for my brake lines from them too. I ordered a day or two after you did....

Car is coming along. I'm still hoping for some cruising by August.... =P~

I ordered on my fuel lines on the 22. According to there site my order is still "pending" They also charged my credit card $6.00 more then the orders total.

I bought my trans lines from them on Ebay and had them in a few days though.

Hi John, Looks good.Tell me where did you get the dash????
Im desperatly looking for one.Ive been thinking of refurbing the old one with some mods but your looks great!!... Thanks,Dan 69 fastback 383 cuda

Believe it or not, but that dash frame was laying outside next to my garage for at LEAST the past 4 yrs. The original frame from my car had about 8 holes drilled in it, two directly in the face of the dash between the glove box and cluster bezel! I used paint stripper and scuffed it to bare metal. I primed it with sandable primer and block sanded it again. Then I painted it with Krylon semi-flat black to give it an even color coverage, then I dusted on a LIGHT coat from a good distance to give it the textured, grainy finish. After it dried I re-assembled the pads and bolted it in. I'm still screwing around with a tach mount that uses the L/S defroster opening as a mount. I should have it sorted out in a day or two. Otherwise, your looking at a backyard resto that would never stand up to concours judging, but for a street car I plan on beating the *** off of? It looks good `nuff!

Barracuda302-vi.jpg

Barracuda302-vi.jpg

Barracuda302-vi.jpg

I would mount the fuel filter on the inside of the frame rail as already mentioned above about where you already have the line coiled up. The problem with that as far as I can tell by the pictures is that it would be close to the exhaust pipe. I have mounted a filter and electric fuel pump in that location before but the exhaust was dumped before the axle so I didn't have to worry about heat of the pipes or contact.

Looking good!

I would mount the fuel filter on the inside of the frame rail as already mentioned above about where you already have the line coiled up. The problem with that as far as I can tell by the pictures is that it would be close to the exhaust pipe. I have mounted a filter and electric fuel pump in that location before but the exhaust was dumped before the axle so I didn't have to worry about heat of the pipes or contact.

Looking good!

That's the reason I want to mount it where I photographed it: the exhaust. After the pump arrives I'll play around with mounting locations.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I would also mount the pump with rubber insulators to minimize the drone or vibrations through the car. I used old shock rubber rings on mine.

I would also mount the pump with rubber insulators to minimize the drone or vibrations through the car. I used old shock rubber rings on mine.

Where did you mount yours? There's not really much room back there....

Where did you mount yours? There's not really much room back there....

On a car I used to have I mounted the filter on the inside rail like I described above. The fuel pump was actually mounted on the inside rail but was on down the line a little toward the front of the car. I mounted it over the axle up where it would not be in contact with anything. It was above the bump stop over the axle. I guess you can understand where it was mounted. I also used thick rubber between fuel pump and inside of the frame rail. I drilled holes all the way through frame rail and bought bolts long enough to go through it and the fuel pump mounting bracket. I still had a little drone from the pump but it wasn't to bad. Those electric fuel pumps are some noisy creatures.

Looking good John! You'll beat on it for a while. Then you'll take care of it and,
who'm I kidding. I still beat on mine!

-
Back